Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dickcollentine  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2007 7:28:23 PM(UTC)
dickcollentine

Groups: Registered

I recently purchased a new blower motor for our home furnace and recieved the motor right on time. Hooray! The problem is the new motor has a different number and color coding on the wires coming out of it. I have been able to determine the power, neutral and several other wires but I am stymied by one thing. The new motor has two orange and two yellow leads that are looped to one another. On the motor casing it states that to reverse the direction or rotation of the motor, you should reverse these connections ( in other words, instead of connecting the yellow to the yellow and the orange to the orange, it says to connect the yellow to the orange and the orange to the yellow.
The problem is, the old motor had only 1 orange and 1 yellow lead, and these were connected to wires leading into the electrical junction box in the furnace. One of the wires then continued on to another small box which appeared to have something to do with the cycling or timing of the blower motor.
Sorry to be so obscure in my description, but maybe someone out there has had a similar problem. The motor is the same shape and size, and when I ordered it online, Sears stated that it was a substitute part but would fit and work. Too bad they didn't include a small instruction paper describing the difference between the original motor and the one they sent me. I don't want to guess on this and risk damaging some other electrical component.
Anyone out there that can make sense of this? I sure would be happy to get a response, meanwhile, we are using our gas stovetop for heat.
]
Thank you, Dick C. .................................
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.