Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PTinc  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2009 10:57:12 AM(UTC)
PTinc

Groups: Registered

I have a combo oven microwave unit, the Whirlpool RM280pxbb2. the oven continues to work perfectly but the microwave will not run. The lights come on, the timer counts down but there is no heat or activation of the microwave unit. Everything appears to be in order but there is just nothing happening. Looking for some guidance on how to fix myself. Have taken faceplate off and looked at hardware but do not know where to begin.

Looking for assistance. Thanks

pete
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2009 12:49:11 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Open the control panel and check all door switches for continuity with door open and closed. Post the results.

Here are the break down diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL RM280PXBB2 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
PTinc  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2009 4:55:52 PM(UTC)
PTinc

Groups: Registered

Thank you for your reply to my post but i am having issues with the Microwave and not the oven, which was the posted part "Cabinet Parts" that was posted. all the Door contacts are in order, i am not able to test them though. which door contact has to do with the activation of the Microwave mechanism? or is that not how the Microwave mechanism is started. Because the Timer counts down on the microwave the lights turn on like it is working but the actual "motor" part does absolutely nothing!!!!!

keep the help coming.

thanks

pete
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2009 5:15:15 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Pete,

I said nothing about the oven. Click on the link in the previous reply and scroll down the menu on the left side. The diagram #3 is "Control panel" and the diagram #4 is "Door and latch" with the door switches shown. You have to have a simple multimeter to perform the tests.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply