Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sammay55  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 7:18:51 PM(UTC)
sammay55

Groups: Registered

refrigerator purchased by daughter around 97. in use approximately 8 of those years. i've spent the last couple of days doing research. freezer nor refrig cooling. both fans,in freezer and the one in the back are working. started hearing a clicking sound after we realized that it was no longer cooling. forum said to check start relay and overload. removed component from side of compressor,shook and listen for rattle. not only was there a rattle but there was a burnt smell. once i opened up box to get to relays the inside pieces were broken up and part of the plastic was melted. i 've done some reseach and it seems that i need parts #61003115 and #61003116. however i'm not sure what to do about the box that the components fit in. does it come with the 2 parts. i also saw a part called a terminal cover. is this what i need ? part # 61002138 . the first 2 part look like what i have. once i get my part all i want to do is reconnect the 3 prongs and snap it back on the compressor. please help . thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.