Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

30 Pages«<2526272829>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kadota1  
#261 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:40:17 PM(UTC)
kadota1

Groups: Registered

I've been reading the comments on this blog from primarily in 2008, referring to howling noises on GE products.

I purchased a Hotpoint refrigerator (model# HSS25GFPHWW, ser# MG216165) in Sept of 2009. The independent dealer said it was the previous years model, a 2008. I am wondering if this model would qualify for the free control board replacement to stop the howling as it has been less than 2 1/2 years since purchase.

I haven't seen much activity on here lately, but would be most appreciative if someone had an answer for me. Thanks-Dave
Gene  
#262 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2012 6:02:06 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
When did it start to make that noise?

Where it's coming from?

Pull the refrigerator out of the wall and inspect the fan motor on the back.

Gene.
kadota1  
#263 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 10:33:17 AM(UTC)
kadota1

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
When did it start to make that noise?

Where it's coming from?

Pull the refrigerator out of the wall and inspect the fan motor on the back.

Gene.

Thanks for the reply Gene. The noise comes from the back, but also louder in the freezer compartment. The compressor fan in back seems to function ok. From reading the info on here it sounds like the evaporator fan driven by a faulty control board is the cause. The refer howls and the fan apparently goes on and off as does the howling. I'm more interested if this was still a GE problem on 2008 models. It started doing it a month ago and seems to have gotten louder and lasts longer. Thanks, Dave
Gene  
#264 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 12:49:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

Dave,

Read the reply posted by dryden3 on the previous page.

Gene.
wap  
#265 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2012 11:02:06 PM(UTC)
wap

Clicking from board but fan is only turning a little in sync with the clicking. Freezer has always leaked water from the bottom but we assumed that because we are off grid and only run the fridge for 5 hours a day and then shut it off. It started about 2 weeks ago and at first clicked a couple times before it would start and then everyday it would take longer to stop ckicking and start. Now it just clicks fast about every second and it won't start at all
Before I call I just want to make sure this is the same problem everyone else has.
Gene  
#266 Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:36:15 PM(UTC)
Gene

Which fan did you mean?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric HSS25GFPJWW Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
wap  
#267 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2012 8:01:56 AM(UTC)
wap

The fan was the one by the compressor
I called GE on Thursday and told them my hotpoint had the board problem and at first they said that no hotpoints were on the list but offered to sell me a $199 board at a discount. The part was marked down to $34.99 plus tax and shipping. I was not happy but needed to get it fixed and then I would argue about it later. When the rep started a case for me she said a window popped up saying it was part of the board issue and that she would send me out a new one overnight and no charge. The fridge was well out of warranty . The next day the board arrived and I put it in and viola! it is fixed and I think it is actually getting colder than in the past.
Gene  
#268 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2012 4:07:25 PM(UTC)
Gene

I'm glad GE took care of it and your fridge it's up and running.

Thank you for the feedback.

Gene.
mrman0901  
#269 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 7:02:34 AM(UTC)
mrman0901

Hello guys and gals:
Thanks to this forum i will be getting a new main board from GE for my fridge
Model PFS22SISBSS
Serial GL042956
MCB WKKT Model Number 0158-04-03 0806dg

I needed to register and jump aboard and tell you guys that with persistent and determination you also can this this fixed no mater how old your fridge is. FYI here are a couple of numbers to call to get it fixed. 1-800-694-8477 will get you registered into the system but is useless upon getting the problem fixed. Next dial 1-800-386-1215 and select prompt 3 then 3 again and explain what the problem is and they will give you another number which is 1-800-749-6629 and they will be the most helpful to you. Please do not yell or get upset on the phone because that will not get you anywhere (trust me i know :-). I hopes this help you because this forum has helped me. I am very, very sorry for jumping on this thread but i had to let you guys and girls know how it worked for me. I am sorry i don't know if this covers a tech or not as i will be putting the MCD in myself so that you will need to ask but it is very simple from what i have read. On another note can anyone tell me should i replace the condenser fan as well because i don't want to blow out another main board.
Once again thank you very much!!!!!!!
mrman0901  
#270 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 8:14:01 AM(UTC)
mrman0901

Originally Posted by: pisquelli Go to Quoted Post
:) You've probably allready resolved your issue, but I'd like to share my experience for others. Clicking on the motherboard was caused by cheap capacitors from the manufacturer. Mine were smaller 25V, 470 microfarad. Look for swelling on the top of the caps. $5 fix if you can identify and soder. Good luck!

Hello did you use the same value on the capacitors cause i can only find 35v 470uf capacitors

Thank you
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply