Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
amasih  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2009 3:54:44 PM(UTC)
amasih

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

We just purchased the above free-standing range and have been having some strange issues. We went from a lower-end GE range to this one, and when I installed it, the burners were fine, but the oven would do something weird. If I set the temp for, say 400, it would climb to 400, then it would almost seem like the oven would "turn off", even though the control panel showed the temperature being accurate. I only found this out the hard way one time when I put a casserole in the oven at 400 for 45 minutes only to find 45 minutes later that it was still cold!

Every now and then I'll hear the oven igniter click during the cycle as well.

I read elsewhere that perhaps it was the gas line size (which I had as a 1/2"), so I upgraded to a 3/4" line today, but the problem persists.

This oven was in storage for about 6-7 months before we got it and installed it. Any ideas on where I might start looking? I'd hate to think I just spent money on a very pretty decoration for the kitchen.

OH, one other thing. The convection oven seems to do much better, although it still takes a while to heat up.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 2:20:35 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
If there is less than a year from the date of purchase I would recommend to call Kitchen Aid warranty service. Those direct ignition ovens have a lot of problems with the Bake burner re ignition.

Gene.
amasih  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 2:22:25 PM(UTC)
amasih

Groups: Registered

Thanks, Gene.

Unfortunately, it's been more than a year since it was purchased, so it will be under the parts warranty but not labor.

Should I still contact KitchenAid?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 2:53:56 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Remove the oven floor, the flame spreader and the Bake burner. Check the configuration and the amount of the lighting holes on the burner and compare them to the attached pictures.

If there is just four holes then you need to replace the burner. If there is more holes then you have to drill them with the drill bit one size bigger.

Here are the break down diagrams and the parts list for the Kitchen Aid range Model KGRS807SSS00

Gene.
Gene attached the following image(s):
direct spark ignition problems.jpg
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply