Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mklmbw  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2007 8:46:01 PM(UTC)
mklmbw

Groups: Registered

I just purchase the ERC replacement unit (Sanyo/Torisan ERC3DD) and found there are some different with my original one (Invensys/Siebe/ Robertshaw ERC3DD) for my GE double Oven. Following are my questions -
1. As replacement instructions 4 idenfiied, there are 4 pins for MDL1 (Grey) and MDL2(Black/White) have their positions reversed from original.
And there is an extra pin close by this area and what should we do with the extra lead/cable for this pin? :(

2. There are 2 or 3 pins on the top of each function relay(for BAKE, CONVCT,...), which one my old lead should connected with (since the old model only have 1 pin for each function) ? :rolleyes:

3. Also, continue Q2, could I just use the old lead at all? From the instruction 3, it seems I will need to buy some extract flat head to connect the small pin/gap between terminal and wall. :confused:

4. Do I need any tool to plug or unplug the lead from the pins? (Sorry..I know this is easy one...but I nerve done this before..) :D

Thanks for your advise in advenace!
Michael
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2007 7:15:09 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi mklmbw

If you can post the installation instructions and diagrams you received with the new part, it may help to provide the most accurate advise.

Gene.
mklmbw  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2007 10:01:25 PM(UTC)
mklmbw

Gene,

I took photos (See attached) of the instructions and hope you can read them. I can fax it to you if these photos do not work for you.
Thanks again!

Michael
mklmbw attached the following image(s):
ERC_replace_steps.jpg
chart.jpg
mklmbw  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2007 5:50:15 PM(UTC)
mklmbw

Gene -

I attached 2 more extra photos for your review. Pls see attached. First one is about the extra pin in my Q1 and, in the 2nd photo, the upper one is the new ERC unit and the lower one with lead is the one with my oven now. Hope this will help a little bit.

Thanks again!
Michael
mklmbw attached the following image(s):
Extra_pin_in_Q1.jpg
comparison.jpg
Gene  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2007 6:33:28 PM(UTC)
Gene

The extra wire you are talking about is probably the green (ground) wire which should be removed by the installation instruction (page 2).

All terminals on the old ERC and the new one are marked the same way.

All terminals on the relays are marked too. The marks are: COM (common), NO (normally open) and NC (normally closed). You probably need a magnifier glass to read them.

The relays them self are marked: Violet - for Broil1 and Broil2, Yellow - for Bake1 and Bake2, Orange - for Conv1 (convection) and Conv2.

Transfer the wires one at a time as described in the installation instruction and follow the identical marks.

If the new ERC came with the new latch motor and it does not match the old one, replace the latch motor too.

Good luck.
Gene.
mklmbw  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2007 7:54:02 PM(UTC)
mklmbw

Gene,
Thanks for your time and answers.

Could you pls be more specific about how to connect lead to the terminals on the relays. Which one (COM or NO or NC) am I suppose connecting with the original lead (since there is only one lead and one connecting pin for each relay on original unit)?

Also, the new ERC only came with the replacement instruction and mention nothing about the latch motor(s). Is the latch motor required and suppose come with the replacement unit or I should contact appliancepartspros.com to order one ?

Thanks,
Michael
Gene  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2007 8:59:42 PM(UTC)
Gene

I've checked the part number and it's coming without the door latch. It's a different kit.

All wires from Bake, Broil and Conv (besides the L1 and L2) should be connected to NO terminals on the corresponding relays. The L1 and the L2 wires should be connected to the COM terminals the Broil1 and the Broil2 relays.

Gene.
mklmbw  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2007 5:45:30 PM(UTC)
mklmbw

Gene -

Thank for all your time and patient! Really appreciated!!

Michael
paz  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2008 3:53:45 PM(UTC)
paz

Originally Posted by: mklmbw Go to Quoted Post
Gene,
Thanks for your time and answers.

Could you pls be more specific about how to connect lead to the terminals on the relays. Which one (COM or NO or NC) am I suppose connecting with the original lead (since there is only one lead and one connecting pin for each relay on original unit)?

Also, the new ERC only came with the replacement instruction and mention nothing about the latch motor(s). Is the latch motor required and suppose come with the replacement unit or I should contact appliancepartspros.com to order one ?

Thanks,
Michael

Could you please post/email (New to forum so I am not sure you can email) the ERC REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS. The file (ERC_replace_steps.jpg) for page 1 you posted is blurry. I didn't get it with the parts ordered and don't want to wait another week till the supplier send me a new part+diagram. THK
Gene  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2008 5:26:37 PM(UTC)
Gene

I do not have this instruction. Michael is the one who posted it.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply