Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bosstone75  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2009 6:52:00 PM(UTC)
bosstone75

Groups: Registered

I bought and installed this Kenmore Ultra Wash Quiet Guard 4 about a year and a half ago. Everything worked like a dream. Recently however, we've been having a problem when the dishwasher tries to fill it makes this terrible vibrating sound. As soon as the dishwasher is full, the vibrating stops.

Here's some things of interest....

The copper pipe that runs from just beyond the cut off valve to the dishwasher is slightly crimped in two places. (I reused the copper pipe from the previous dishwasher install) Could these crimps be causing the vibration?

I am able to stop the noise IF I use the cut off valve to the dishwasher to completely STOP the water from going in (while it's trying to fill) and then SLOWLY opening the valve up to full. I've tried all sorts of other openings and closings of various valves around the sink, but this appears to be the only fix.

Now, with all the monkeying around I've been doing, the connection from the copper pipe to the dishwasher seems to have sprung a bit of a leak. It doesn't appear to be coming from the connection between the nut and the dishwasher, but instead seems to be sneaking out behind the nut (between the nut and the pipe) So I'm thinking I'm going to have to replace that pipe anyway. If I replace the pipe, would it be ok to get a flexible metal one (do they make that? I know I have one on my toilet!)

My main question is... does this sound like it's a problem with the cut off valve? With the crimped old pipe? or with the dishwasher?

I may fix this myself or I may call in the troops depending on how difficult the fix sounds. If I decide to call in troops, would it be better to call a plumber? Or should I call Sears repair?

Thanks for any help or advice you can give!

Bill
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.