Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
emzee  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 5:54:48 AM(UTC)
emzee

Groups: Registered

water dribbles from tube (vent?) on dispenser when water is flowing thru. I have cleaned tray, but still no luck.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 8:07:28 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: emzee Go to Quoted Post
water dribbles from tube (vent?) on dispenser when water is flowing thru. I have cleaned tray, but still no luck.

Emzee,

There is no vent tube. Did you remove the dispenser drawer and check and clean the bottom of the dispenser housing ?

Is the washer level ? the next step would be to move the unit and disconnect the hoses at both ends, and clean the debris screens in the end of the hoses and on the inside of the fill valve.

Let us know what happens,

Good Luck

:) :) :)
emzee  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 9:15:30 AM(UTC)
emzee

the tube is molded into dispenser, I assumed it was a vent. As you take off top it is visable on right side. I did not clean anything but tray, but I did not see any thing else inside. Do I remove it alltogether?
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 11:24:03 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

the tube is molded into dispenser, I assumed it was a vent. As you take off top it is visable on right side. I did not clean anything but tray, but I did not see any thing else inside. Do I remove it alltogether?

Emzee,

Yes you need to completely remove the dispenser drawer, pull the drawer out as far as possible, press down on the retaining clip, and pull the drawer the rest of the way out.

Once we're sure you have good water pressure, and no debris or clogs in the dispenser, we'll need to remove the top of the washer and check the fill tube from the dispenser to the tub for clogs/kinks and the water diverter assembly for proper operation.

emzee  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 11:48:34 AM(UTC)
emzee

I did have drawer all the way out and clean, I meant should I take out entire dispenser & clean it? Can it get partially plugged enough to cause leak from that tube? It is same dispenser used on Duet. I don't know what that tube is if not a vent. your help is appreciated!
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 12:21:09 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

I did have drawer all the way out and clean, I meant should I take out entire dispenser & clean it? Can it get partially plugged enough to cause leak from that tube? It is same dispenser used on Duet. I don't know what that tube is if not a vent. your help is appreciated!

Emzee,
Usually if the vent tube leaks, it's due to a clog in the system, or and article stuck in the tub, usually something small andit's in the front tub area. So check that first.

Here are the instructions for accessing the dispenser assembly, and what to check for as far as hoses and tubes being clogged/kinked.
If you want, you can disconnect the hoses from the dispenser, you may want to soak it in a solution of very hot water and distilled white vinegar to remove any deposits that may have built up on/in the assembly.
Removing the Washer Top

Three screws secure the washer top at the back of the washer. Remove the three screws and lift the top from the washer.

Removing the Console from the Cabinet

Disconnect the Touch Pad/LED Assembly ribbon connector from the left side of the Central Control Unit and release it from the wiring harness brackets on the right side of the washer top. Remove the detergent dispenser drawer by pressing down on the release tab at the back of the drawer

The Detergent Dispenser Assembly is located under the washer top. Begin by removing the washer top, console and front panel. Separate the water inlet and window washer tube from the boot.
Pull the water inlet tube from the outlet connector

of the detergent dispenser.

Check the inlet hose for clogs or debris.

NOTE: When reinstalling the water inlet tube, wet the water inlet gasket on the detergent dispenser with water only. Do not use any other lubricant. Align the locator nib on the water inlet tube with the indentation on the dispenser connector and slide the tube onto the detergent dispenser assembly.
Remove the screw securing the front of the detergent dispenser assembly to the top front frame member
Disconnect the vent tube from the detergent dispenser
assembly. Remove the screw securing the detergent dispenser
assembly to the top left frame member.
Slide the assembly back slightly and lift the assembly out.

Robertoconsuerte  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 9:25:22 AM(UTC)
Robertoconsuerte

For what it's worth, I just finished replacing the seal and bearing in the drum and had the same problem: sprinkles of water were streaming out the front of the detergent dispenser. The solution was in making sure that the three hose inserts which are situated in the back of the dispenser inside the three hoses, are fully inserted into the dispenser. They direct the water streams to their proper destinations. Mine were not fully inserted, causing the water to stream and leak in small amounts out the front of the detergent dispenser. Hope this helps!
Robertoconsuerte  
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 9:26:56 AM(UTC)
Robertoconsuerte

For what it's worth, I just finished replacing the seal and bearing in the drum and had the same problem: sprinkles of water were streaming out the front of the detergent dispenser. The solution was in making sure that the three hose inserts which are situated in the back of the dispenser inside the three hoses, are fully inserted into the dispenser. They direct the water streams to their proper destinations. Mine were not fully inserted, causing the water to stream and leak in small amounts out the front of the detergent dispenser. Hope this helps!
Joe / APP Team  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 5:11:48 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: Robertoconsuerte Go to Quoted Post

Roberto, Thanks for your update and information. It should be helpful and handy for future reference. Thanks Again.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply