Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jerry bahnsen  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 2:08:31 PM(UTC)
jerry bahnsen

Groups: Registered

I am trying to replace the pumphousing filter and am unable to get to part #7 on the diagram. Removed the 6 scerws (part #6) thinking that this would allow me to access part #7 by removing part #32 and parts 1-5. After removing the 6 screws everything is still secure so what do I do now? Is there an on-line manual showing how to remove the filter? I was told this is an easy repair on the filter that was received from the supplier and finding that it is not that easy.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2011 8:14:23 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jerry bahnsen Go to Quoted Post
I am trying to replace the pumphousing filter and am unable to get to part #7 on the diagram. Removed the 6 scerws (part #6) thinking that this would allow me to access part #7 by removing part #32 and parts 1-5. After removing the 6 screws everything is still secure so what do I do now? Is there an on-line manual showing how to remove the filter? I was told this is an easy repair on the filter that was received from the supplier and finding that it is not that easy.

Jerry,

You are there, If you've removed all the parts you listed, the strainer(prt#32) should lift off the housing.

After all these years it may be stuck? You may want to slip a flatblade screwdriver in a few of the slots on the strainer and twist the blade, or carefully pry up on the cover to get it loose then pull up on it and remove.

Make sure, when you reconstruct the assembly, the 2 plastic spring clips/seal openings, are opposite each other and that they seat to the strainer and support arm properly.

Good Luck,

:) :) :)