Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Alice52  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 2:13:50 PM(UTC)
Alice52

Groups: Registered

We have a GE XL44 Self-Cleaning Gas Convection Range. We've been having intermittent problems with the oven lighting. Following the troubleshooting tips in the owners manual, I tried to check the position of the oven gas shut-off valve lever, the red tab in the photo at your website of part number AP2022763. In the process of moving it to try to determine if it was open or closed, it popped off! My husband and I have tried and tried to put it back on, but the presure regulator is in a very awkward location and we have been unsuccessful. Does anyone know a trick you can share about putting it back on? Nothing broke, it just popped out of the groove. [We think the oven probably needs a new glowbar, but that won't do any good if we can't get the gas flowing again!] Thank you very much for any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2011 10:40:34 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

These are held on with pins. If the pin is broke you will need a new regulator. Part number: AP2022763
OneTimeJoe  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:35:34 AM(UTC)
OneTimeJoe

The little lever came off on my new Frigidaire stove. After several hours of trying to place it back in place, I came up with the idea of using a zip tie. I'm not sure if the GE models have the same mechanism, but if so, just pull on the rod (to the on position) then loop in a zip tie and tighten it all the way. The zip tie will keep the rod in place in the ON position :).

Btw, I know this thread was way back in 2011, but somebody else might find this useful down the line.
dkeith45  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 6:39:11 PM(UTC)
dkeith45

Originally Posted by: Alice52 Go to Quoted Post
We have a GE XL44 Self-Cleaning Gas Convection Range. I tried to check the position of the oven gas shut-off valve lever, the red tab part number AP2022763. In the process of moving it to try to determine if it was open or closed, it popped off! My husband and I have tried and tried to put it back on, but the presure regulator is in a very awkward location and we have been unsuccessful.

I just bought a used XL44 and by the time I got it home, the same thing had happened. Seems if the stove is jostled in transit, the lever pops back to OFF. To fix it I had to remove the regulator. The brass pin that holds the lever has an angled slot in it. You have to pull it out slightly with pliers, then put the little red handle back on. After you reassemble it, check for leaks with soapy water. Mine leaked and I had to use some pipe thread compound on the threads and two wrenches to snug it up... then it was fine.
JackSieber  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2016 3:28:58 AM(UTC)
JackSieber

After much cursing and many failed attempts, I was finally able to get the little red plastic lever back on. I pulled the stove out from the wall so that I could get to it easily (I had been reaching in from underneath) -- the flexible gas line made it possible to move it. The red plastic lever has a small metal rod in it, which I was able to slide out. Without the rod, I held the red plastic lever in the down/off position where it should go over the brass pin, then slid the metal rod back into the plastic so that it went through the angled slot on the brass pin. Voila!
EvanG  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 7:21:04 PM(UTC)
EvanG

I found an easier way to replace the little red plastic lever!

Use a small slotted screwdriver, pull the gas valve rod as far out as possible. Make sure notch is on top and pin has not rotated.

Using a sharp knife (I used one with serrations) push the underside of the gas valve rod to hold in the open position. Lever against the gas valve body.

Remove the screwdriver.

Quickly drop the plastic lever in place.

Remove knife.