Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
celalta  
#11 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 5:57:22 AM(UTC)
celalta

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: woodstock libertarian Go to Quoted Post
The caps go into the door. move the center flap into the door open position and you'll see them. they cover 2 screws that hold the middle hinge into the door..
Do make sure that neither the top or bottom pins are broken, or you have to disassemble the entire thing and put it back together with a new pin. Pain!

Our top pin broke, and then because we just kept on using it, the middle bit got torqued, and it broke. Where do we get new pins? Are we going to have to disassemble the whole door to replace it?
skirk217@gmail.com  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2015 11:49:11 AM(UTC)
skirk217@gmail.com

Originally Posted by: sammin Go to Quoted Post
The bottom plastic hinge broke on the flap of our french door refrigerator. Took the whole flap off the door but how do we disassemble the flap to replace the plastic hinge?

Please walk me through step by step on replacing bottom hinge and spring of french door refrigerator flap. I have the pieces but cannot figure out how to replace the broken plastic hinge.
skirk217@gmail.com  
#13 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2015 11:56:02 AM(UTC)
skirk217@gmail.com

My bottom plastic flap hinge (the one connecting to the spring) on my french door refrigerator is broken. I have the replacement parts but cannot figure out how to replace it. Could someone please walk me through the steps to do so? Does the entire flap nee to be removed? Any help or cautions would be greatly appreciated.
Flyerpicker  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:54:12 AM(UTC)
Flyerpicker

Originally Posted by: sammin Go to Quoted Post
The bottom plastic hinge broke on the flap of our french door refrigerator. Took the whole flap off the door but how do we disassemble the flap to replace the plastic hinge?

I can echo what others have mentioned in this thread.... I have a Samsung french door fridge (RF217ACBP) and the top hinge broke. All it took was a quick jerk on the left door and the hinge broke in half. One must get used to opening the right side door first I guess...Still a flimsy design. I ordered in the hinge part from Samsung, which cost less than $2 + s/H.

Anyway, to replace these top and bottom hinges:

* Pry off the little white button caps (about 3/8" diameter) on the middle hinge of the flap. This exposes 2 screws-- remove them.

* gently pull the flap away from the door, and you will expose the wiring connection for the flap defroster. Pull apart this wiring at the disconnect, and take the entire flap to a well-lit work area.

* the top and bottom hinges are held in place by a single small plastic piece, which is streamlined with the rest of the flap body. Take a really thin tool--even a dull steak knife--- and carefully pry this little piece off. Note that one side of this piece has an alignment tab and the other side has the friction nub. Sort of like the piece on the back of your TV remote control battery compartment. Hopefully you'll pry the side with the friction nub, because trying to pry from the tab side won't work as well.

* The broken hinge can now be removed and replaced. Should be self-explanatory. Slip the new hinge in place, snap the cover piece on and reinstall the flap on the fridge door.

If for some reason you need to get access to the inside of the flap, you can simply pry off the inner vinyl seal--it is held only by friction locks. Beneath that seal is a styrofoam strip. That all pops back together easily.

Hope this helps.

J
Tpherr  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2016 5:25:58 PM(UTC)
Tpherr

... But can't pry the caps off the screws. Any ideas?