Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

30 Pages«<1617181920>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nhradiotech  
#171 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:21:55 PM(UTC)
nhradiotech

Groups: Registered

One quick question before I tear in to my TL. Looks like I have a series 11 machine. Is that a new style or old plain vanilla style? Id like to order up everything and rebuild it while we arent using it. Thanks!!

Bill
dh1200s  
#172 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2013 3:57:12 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

nhradiotech,

Sorry I missed you post a while back. Did you rebuild your Outer Tub?

If you machine uses the Upper Bearing ring it is the old style tub the would use standard 6207-2RS bearings.

If your Clutch Pulley does bot use the Upper Bearing Ring abobe the Clutch Pulley your machine has the Lower Outer Tub bearing that uses the combination Ball and One-Way bearing that forum member Ferris came across http://www.bocabearings.com/ima...-Way-Bearing-Catalog.pdf CSK207 see his post dated 09-22-2012, 09:31 AM.

That was a great find he also used an M36 washer as a spacer for proper build out of the bearing reduced thickness to properly torque down the Spinner Nut.

I may give that a try on my Series 17 machine will need an Outer Tub bearing replacement as it uses the lower tub bearing that has dual Ball and One-Way bearing in that assembly..............Dick
1982jj  
#173 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 9:28:29 AM(UTC)
1982jj

Dick,
Your posts have been an enormous help in fixing my washer. I am currently having issues with the unbalance thing and have pulled the clutch assembly out and cleaned it but still get the error codes. Every now and then I can wait it out and it will eventually start up after several start ups and moving the load around. I believe it is going down hill though. I have heard a loud squeal from time to time so I think the tub bearings are going as well.

On to my question. I have a 18 series fav6800aww and in one of your post you mention the bearings 6207 will work in the later series with some mods.I was about to buy two of these until I saw that post and I was wondering what mod are you referring too? is there a different bearing I should get? Also, you mention bearing INA–SCE 910. Is that the one way bearing in the clutch? I am buying a new clutch assy. so I assume this will come with it.

Thx
JJ
dh1200s  
#174 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 2:29:02 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

If your machine does not use the Upper Bearing Ring you will need a different Lower Outer tub bearing not the 6207-2RS That bearing will work for the upper Outer Tub Bearing.

So lets nail down if you use the upper One-Way bearing. I'm at work so I can't post a pic right now. If you look the early post on the first two owners rebuilt their machines you should find a pick.....any way when i get home tonight I'll paste a pic if needed.

""you mention bearing INA–SCE 910. Is that the one way bearing in the clutch""

No that bearing is used in the Spinner Support if you decide to replace it and I believe the 6502 bearing as part of a complete rebuild. Again in the early post that is discussed.

If you can tolerate the down time during a rebuild it can save the machine for additional service life......I have a Series 18 that I have to soon shut down soon the Outer Tub bearing noise is terrible. I expect to see water leaking down on the Clutch Pulley soon. I'm going to plug in a Series 10 machine I rebuilt sometime back and over the winter do an Outer Tub tear down bearing job on that machine. It will use the bearing member Ferris came across http://www.bocabearings.com/images/d...ng-Catalog.pdf a great find if your series machine dose not use the Upper One-Way bearing ring. That functionality was replaced by this new bearing assembly. I refer to this as the redesigned Outer Tub for the FAV6800A/FAV9800A machines.

Got to run will follow up with yiu and try to help if you decide to take this on.........Dick
1982jj  
#175 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 2:27:41 AM(UTC)
1982jj

I am planning on doing it this weekend if i can get the bearings in. I already ordered the clutch, seal , and trans ring. I will order one of the 6207 bearings as well i dont have the upper one way piece. I just have the one way bearing in the clutch. Also i look at the link to boca bearings and it nusta takes me to the web site. Do you know the part number i need for the other bearing or the mod to use both 6207 bearings?
dh1200s  
#176 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:15:18 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Originally Posted by: 1982jj Go to Quoted Post
I am planning on doing it this weekend if i can get the bearings in. I already ordered the clutch, seal , and trans ring. I will order one of the 6207 bearings as well i dont have the upper one way piece. I just have the one way bearing in the clutch. Also i look at the link to boca bearings and it nusta takes me to the web site. Do you know the part number i need for the other bearing or the mod to use both 6207 bearings?

1982jj
See the post by forum member FERRIS dated 09-22-2012, 06:31 AM He mentions a CSK 207 bearing. I gave you a bad link for the CSK 207 bearing he used. See my comment directly below that post.

Here is a link 35x72x17,CSK207(X),Metric, One Way Bearings to the bearing Ferris used maybe he will chime in for comments.

If your machine series does not use the Upper One-Way bearing ring then you would have to use the CSK 207 One-Way bearing as he used&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;or if your machines Outer Tub is notched to receive the Upper One-Way bearing ring you may be able to use the Upper One-bearing ring that comes with every Clutch Pulley replacement. Then I feel you could use standard 6207-2RS bearing for both Upper and Lower Outer Tub bearings as the two owners and I used at the beginning of this thread.

I've got to rebuild my FAV6800A series 18 with a redesigned Outer Tub that uses the Lower Outer Tub bearing with the One-Way bearing assembly.

I know this thread is primarily speaks to FAV6800A machines that use the Upper One-Way bearing ring.

1st generation Outer Tub design the function of the Upper One-Way ring is to prevent the Wash Basket from rotating Clock-Wise when the machine is in Wash/Agitate mode&#8230;&#8230;.the Motor drives the Clutch Pulley CW in Wash/Agitate mode. The One Way Bearing in the Clutch Pulley is pressed in the hub of the Clutch Pulley to allow the agitator shaft to rotate freely in the CW direction.

One-Way bearing functionality in the FAV6800A/FAV9800A machines; When the machine enters into a Spin Cycle the Motor turns CCW rotation causing Clutch Pulley CCW rotation. The One-Way bearing in the Clutch Pulley hub lock up with CCW rotation. When the large wrap spring in the Clutch Pulley comes under tension With Clutch Pulley CCW rotation the Wash Basket begins to rotate CCW the Spin direction.

I believe I better explained the purpose of these One-Way bearings in a different post but it is important to understand why these One-Way bearings are used and their function. I&#8217;m an owner like you so please pardon any errors in my descriptions. I would like to have a certified appliance repair tech correct any instructions/descriptions I have posted&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.but with the limited production run of this machine series professional support is rare. All support for the FAV6800A/FAV9800A for the most part has come from owners.

Please read thru the entire thread if you haven&#8217;t already to gain knowledge of the teardown/rebuild process and possible pitfalls of taking on this DIY project. A biggie for me was snapping of a Spinner Support bolt during the teardown of my FAV6800A series 10 machine.

You will have to shim out the Lower Outer tub bearing for proper Spinner Nut torque to seat the Tub Seal no matter which lower Outer Tub bearing you use. This is because of the bearing thickness difference of your original factory installed Split Bearing/One-Way bearing assembly used in your 2nd gen Outer Tub. There is a pic I posted from another owner a few pages back in this thread that show the split bearing assembly you will find in machines that do not use the Upper One-Way bearing ring.

See my post dated 07-10-2012, 12:47 AM That is the lower Outer Tub bearing assembly you will find in machines built with 2nd Gen Outer Tubs.

Good luck 1982jj&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; I&#8217;ll try to help but I&#8217;m slow to respond at times with work and other projects&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.Dick
1982jj  
#177 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 8:44:52 AM(UTC)
1982jj

Originally Posted by: dh1200s Go to Quoted Post
1982jj
See the post by forum member FERRIS dated 09-22-2012, 06:31 AM He mentions a CSK 207 bearing. I gave you a bad link for the CSK 207 bearing he used. See my comment directly below that post.

Here is a link 35x72x17,CSK207(X),Metric, One Way Bearings to the bearing Ferris used maybe he will chime in for comments.

If your machine series does not use the Upper One-Way bearing ring then you would have to use the CSK 207 One-Way bearing as he used&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;or if your machines Outer Tub is notched to receive the Upper One-Way bearing ring you may be able to use the Upper One-bearing ring that comes with every Clutch Pulley replacement. Then I feel you could use standard 6207-2RS bearing for both Upper and Lower Outer Tub bearings as the two owners and I used at the beginning of this thread.

I've got to rebuild my FAV6800A series 18 with a redesigned Outer Tub that uses the Lower Outer Tub bearing with the One-Way bearing assembly.

I know this thread is primarily speaks to FAV6800A machines that use the Upper One-Way bearing ring.

1st generation Outer Tub design the function of the Upper One-Way ring is to prevent the Wash Basket from rotating Clock-Wise when the machine is in Wash/Agitate mode&#8230;&#8230;.the Motor drives the Clutch Pulley CW in Wash/Agitate mode. The One Way Bearing in the Clutch Pulley is pressed in the hub of the Clutch Pulley to allow the agitator shaft to rotate freely in the CW direction.

One-Way bearing functionality in the FAV6800A/FAV9800A machines; When the machine enters into a Spin Cycle the Motor turns CCW rotation causing Clutch Pulley CCW rotation. The One-Way bearing in the Clutch Pulley hub lock up with CCW rotation. When the large wrap spring in the Clutch Pulley comes under tension With Clutch Pulley CCW rotation the Wash Basket begins to rotate CCW the Spin direction.

I believe I better explained the purpose of these One-Way bearings in a different post but it is important to understand why these One-Way bearings are used and their function. I&#8217;m an owner like you so please pardon any errors in my descriptions. I would like to have a certified appliance repair tech correct any instructions/descriptions I have posted&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.but with the limited production run of this machine series professional support is rare. All support for the FAV6800A/FAV9800A for the most part has come from owners.

Please read thru the entire thread if you haven&#8217;t already to gain knowledge of the teardown/rebuild process and possible pitfalls of taking on this DIY project. A biggie for me was snapping of a Spinner Support bolt during the teardown of my FAV6800A series 10 machine.

You will have to shim out the Lower Outer tub bearing for proper Spinner Nut torque to seat the Tub Seal no matter which lower Outer Tub bearing you use. This is because of the bearing thickness difference of your original factory installed Split Bearing/One-Way bearing assembly used in your 2nd gen Outer Tub. There is a pic I posted from another owner a few pages back in this thread that show the split bearing assembly you will find in machines that do not use the Upper One-Way bearing ring.

See my post dated 07-10-2012, 12:47 AM That is the lower Outer Tub bearing assembly you will find in machines built with 2nd Gen Outer Tubs.

Good luck 1982jj&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; I&#8217;ll try to help but I&#8217;m slow to respond at times with work and other projects&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.Dick

Just ordered both bearings today. Amazon had the lower bearing from boca. I put in the new clutch just to see i that did anything and it did not. It made a screeching sound in fact. I am hoping replacing the upper and lower bearings will work and are causing my main issues otherwise i am at a loss.
1982jj  
#178 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 9:47:05 AM(UTC)
1982jj

Also, i think i am going to order the 910 bearing since i will have it apart. That should be all the bearings i believe. (Upper and lower tub bearing, new clutch with bearing, and the sce 910 shaft bearing). Anything else that should probably be replaced while i am in there? Final parts should get here wednesday.
dh1200s  
#179 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 12:44:02 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Sounds good JJ......don't forget about the Spinner Support upper bearing the 6002RS.....if you think you need to replace that bearing.

Also because of bearing thickness of the lower Outer Tub Bearing the CSK 207 bearing. You will need to shim out for it's reduced bearing thickness as mentioned by a former member that used that bearing with his rebuild so you can seat the Tub Seal properly when you torque the Spinner Nut.

I'll be doing my Series 18 this year. The bearing noise is like a freight train going by.

I have my rebuilt Series 10 machine which I will fall back to for that rebuild..........Dick
1982jj  
#180 Posted : Sunday, August 4, 2013 5:58:12 PM(UTC)
1982jj

Hey Dick,
Huge issue with my rebuild. I broke 5 of the 6 bolts for the spinner support. I borrowed a friends drill press and after several hours I got them drilled out and new perma coil.

I got everything back together to include the lower one way bearing. The issue I have is it barely wants to turn CCW. I took it back out and I can see the sleeve in the lower bearing turning CW in the bearing (Bearing does not move, the spinner support just moves inside the one way bearing). I have no leaks when I put it through a cycle but it is really tough to turn by hand CCW. Did I not torque it down enough? I know you said snug but I don't want to crank down on it and break something. I also have the M36 spacer in there as well. Can I torque too much? I tried loosening it but the large nut barely touches the shim and that doesn't seem right. Should I torque it down more? did I over torque it? maybe the spinner support isn't seated all the way into the one way bearing possibly causing it to slip? I hope that didn't confuse you but I am at a loss.

Going to eat dinner and take a breather. Hope you can help.

JJ
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply