Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bksbjmds8  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 10:03:07 AM(UTC)
bksbjmds8

Groups: Registered

Freezer coil iced over two months ago. Replaced defrost heater only. Wire to one side of heater showed overheating marks on the insulator but the solderless connector looked ok. Refrigerator worked until now, icing over again. Checked continuity of heater element and it's OK. Fan is working so I defrosted and started unit. Cools for awhile and then starts to ice over again. Should I have replaced the thermostat defrost device and/or the sensor temp ff.. Would the board be at fault. Temperature in freezer section stayed around 10 to 20 degrees and the refreigerator section around 35 to 40degrees with both stats set at #3. Could the board be at faullt. Thank you for your help!.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bksbjmds8  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2007 10:12:16 AM(UTC)
bksbjmds8

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: bksbjmds8 Go to Quoted Post
Freezer coil iced over two months ago. Replaced defrost heater only. Wire to one side of heater showed overheating marks on the insulator but the solderless connector looked ok. Refrigerator worked until now, icing over again. Checked continuity of heater element and it's OK. Fan is working so I defrosted and started unit. Cools for awhile and then starts to ice over again. Should I have replaced the thermostat defrost device and/or the sensor temp ff.. Would the board be at fault. Temperature in freezer section stayed around 10 to 20 degrees and the refreigerator section around 35 to 40degrees with both stats set at #3. Could the board be at faullt. Thank you for your help!.

Could a faulty circuit board cause icing over of the cooling coil in a side by side GE refrigerator
Adam / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2007 11:27:14 AM(UTC)
Adam / APP Team

Groups: Administrators

Dear bksbjmds8

Its possible to be the board on this because this model has the adaptive defrost built into the main control board. They can be somewhat difficult to diagnose so you may consider trying the sensors or the defrost thermostat first.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply