Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
osbock  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:33:52 PM(UTC)
osbock

Groups: Registered

I recently replaced the damper on my Kitchenaid side by side for the second time. The first time, it seemed to have just burnt out and stuck shut. replacing it restored function.

The second time, it was stuck open (and there was frost that probably caused it to burn out.) Everything in the refrigerator was freezing.

It progressively got worse, and I started noticing frost buildup in the freezer, so I now suspect something wrong with the defrost.

How do I diagnose this? I found several references, but mostly to older mechanical things, and I can't find the specifics for my fridge.

I tried the hold the power button and water filter button together, but that doesn't bring up any diagnostics.

If you have a service manual link that would be appreciated. Is the only control for this in the main control board, or is there a separate thermostat/control for defrost?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.