Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Muda  
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:04:04 AM(UTC)
Muda

Groups: Registered

My Advantium 240 went dead this morning. Power fuse OK. So I read all the posts about the thermal shutoffs and cursed the engineers that made a cheap, replaceable part require removal of the oven. So, combining the freezer fix with my desire for in situ repair I remembered a bottle of electronics duster I had lying around. This stuff is just compressed gas but if you tilt or, God forbid, turn it upside down and pull the trigger it will shoot out the gas which instantly evaporates and freezes everything it touches. So, despite the red "NEVER" on the can, I turned it upside down and shot the vent thermal cutoff for a few seconds and blew on it lightly. Did this twice. And, voila, the thermal cutoff that tested at 13k ohms just seconds before now tested at 0 ohms. Plugged the sucker back in and reboot she did. Wonder how long this will last? ( ;
Eder  
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:56:51 PM(UTC)
Eder

I put a damaged TCO in ice water for 30 minutes and it worked for about 2 weeks before requiring replacement. So most likely you should order the part haha.
rha298  
#13 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 8:14:31 AM(UTC)
rha298

1st - Thanksgiving 2010
2nd - Thanksgiving 2013

Going to order the part again!! I just had rotator cuff surgury 2 weeks ago though. I tried to get at it without removing but no luck. Could only see the part.

I only have the problem when using the oven. No problems when using microwave. Fist one lasted 7 years the replacement 3 years. Use the oven only 1 to 3 times a year. Very disappointing!!!:mad:
JesusV  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2014 2:06:48 PM(UTC)
JesusV

After reading through most of the posts, I was able to decipher how to identify the TCO's (not an easy task since the diagram does not specifically relate to the part numbers identified in the write-ups, nevertheless, the pictures of the part were the correct ones, and after looking through two different diagrams, I was able to identify where all three were located) and was able to take out all three TCO's, based on the verbiage and not the diagrams, without taking the microwave down form the wall. There were some tight spaces but doable. I was able to check the conductivity of all three, where 2 of them were not letting power through them. I put those two in a cup of ice, in the freezer for over an hour, and re-tested them. they both re-set, thus allowing power to flow through them. I reinstalled, all of them, and viola the microwave came back to life, and works normally now. Thanks to all that contributed. I wish I would have read the post about freezing them in place with the compresses air cans, that would have been far easier, but se-la-vie, at least I didn't have to take the whole thing down.
bradgunn211  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:55:57 AM(UTC)
bradgunn211

Can you post a link of where I can buy this 15$ part? I have the same issue :/
bradgunn211  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:58:04 AM(UTC)
bradgunn211

so I want to try this.. DO i have to lower the microwave off the wall or can you just get in there and do this? any pics?
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2022 5:39:32 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I was cooking in convection mode yesterday and this exact same thing happened to me. I am so thankful for this post. I will post when mine is up and running
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply