Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
psmountain  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 4:21:23 AM(UTC)
psmountain

Groups: Registered

Whirlpool duet stopped working suddenly with no power going to display. The plug was live and we replaced the user interface yesterday. After replacing the use interface, now we see three dashes, but get no response from the touch pads etc on the user interface. When I plug in, there are no clicking noises from the CCU. I have sprayed non-residue contact cleaner on the CCU connections and still only three dashes with no response. Is it a bad CCU? Any other potential sources of this problem?

Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:33:48 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: psmountain Go to Quoted Post
Whirlpool duet stopped working suddenly with no power going to display. The plug was live and we replaced the user interface yesterday. After replacing the use interface, now we see three dashes, but get no response from the touch pads etc on the user interface. When I plug in, there are no clicking noises from the CCU. I have sprayed non-residue contact cleaner on the CCU connections and still only three dashes with no response. Is it a bad CCU? Any other potential sources of this problem?

Thank you!

PS,

At this point, I would have to think you do have a bad CCU.

Or a voltage problem to the CCU.

As soon as you supply 120 VAC to the CCU , the relay should click closed,

You should check for 120 VAC at the CCU on connector IF2, across the pins in the connector.

If you have the voltage but no click on the board relay, replace the CCU.

Part number: AP3881126
Part number: AP3881126

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
psmountain  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:27:41 PM(UTC)
psmountain

Ok. Thanks for the tip. I replaced the CCU and the first time I plugged it in I got the 'control locked' light on but nothing on the display. I couldn't get the control locked light to come off no matter what I tried. So I unplugged it and fiddled with all the connections to make sure they were solid and plugged in correctly. When I plugged it into power subsequently, the display has three dashes and is non-responsive again. So I've replaced the user interface and the CCU. What could it be?
richappy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:45:42 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If you have a meter and know how to use it, you can get the service manual for this at web site www.appliancejunk.com, just locate and download it. It will have the ccu connections to check for missing voltages.
Joe / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:57:20 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Ok. Thanks for the tip. I replaced the CCU and the first time I plugged it in I got the 'control locked' light on but nothing on the display. I couldn't get the control locked light to come off no matter what I tried. So I unplugged it and fiddled with all the connections to make sure they were solid and plugged in correctly. When I plugged it into power subsequently, the display has three dashes and is non-responsive again. So I've replaced the user interface and the CCU. What could it be?

PS,

Here is the Technical Data sheet for your machine.

http://www.servicematters.com/d...0Sheet%20-%208182677.pdf

You'll have all the information and test points, and tests, you need, and will have this figured out in no time.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
psmountain  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:51:58 AM(UTC)
psmountain

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
PS,

Here is the Technical Data sheet for your machine.

http://www.servicematters.com/d...0Sheet%20-%208182677.pdf

You'll have all the information and test points, and tests, you need, and will have this figured out in no time.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

All the switches to the CCU test ok except the dispenser switch (which does not read 0 Ohms as it should). The door lock solenoid (3 to 1) measures 120 Ohms instead of the suggested 60. Could either of these be a problem? Thank you.
Joe / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 11:15:45 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

All the switches to the CCU test ok except the dispenser switch (which does not read 0 Ohms as it should). The door lock solenoid (3 to 1) measures 120 Ohms instead of the suggested 60. Could either of these be a problem? Thank you.

PS,

Yes, they could especially the door lock solenoid, it could keep the unit from operating, the CCU has to see the door close and lock, within seconds of starting the machine.

Part number: AP3837611
Part number: AP3837611

The dispenser switch is less important, but will give you a failure code, after the cycle starts.

So, in essence you'll need both parts.

Part number: AP3128788
Part number: AP3128788

I think you've got it licked,

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
psmountain  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:32:26 PM(UTC)
psmountain

I have replaced the door lock latch and still there is no response on the display after plugging it in. Any other ideas?
Joe / APP Team  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 5:26:03 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

I have replaced the door lock latch and still there is no response on the display after plugging it in. Any other ideas?

PS,

Do you hear the CCU relay click, when you plug in the power cord to the outlet ?

Is there any display at all ?

What is the voltage at the IF2 connector on the CCU with power to the unit ?

Refer to pg. 10 of the tech data sheet I sent you, and try to run the Diagnostic Test at the top of the page.

Let us know what happens.
:confused: :confused: :confused:
psmountain  
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 2, 2010 10:33:58 AM(UTC)
psmountain

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
PS,

Do you hear the CCU relay click, when you plug in the power cord to the outlet ?

Is there any display at all ?

What is the voltage at the IF2 connector on the CCU with power to the unit ?

Refer to pg. 10 of the tech data sheet I sent you, and try to run the Diagnostic Test at the top of the page.

Let us know what happens.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

The new CCU is not clicking when it is plugged in, but there is 120v at the IF2 connector that goes to the CCU. I should have checked for the clicking before. What are the chances that the new CCU would be bad?

There is no display at all. I cannot get the diagnostic test to run because there is no response.
Thanks for the help.