Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ckb24  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 4, 2010 6:15:47 AM(UTC)
ckb24

Groups: Registered

I have a Gas Whirlpool dryer. Yesterday it just stopped running. Seemed like it got no power to the buttons to push or anything. I unplugged it overnight and plugged back in this morning. I heard it click and was able to start a load. Within a minute it cut off like I had opened the door. It was blinking 34 (But I think that was just the time left on it). When I felt the clothes they were obviously wet, so I went to start it again and it went black like it did yesterday. No matter what I did I could not get it to start back up. I thought initially it was a fuse but since it powered up for a minute this morning, I am confused. Anyone ever had this problem or know of a solution. Super frustrating! :confused:

Thanks!

Chris
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ckb24  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 9:21:43 AM(UTC)
ckb24

Ok, so we had a storm come thru the night before this started. I thought maybe the vent pipe needed to be cleaned.. Also, the ignitor lights and it gets hot for about 2-3 minutes then just cuts off. Any ideas?? I disconnected the vent hose this morning and just tried to run it not connected to the vent pipe and it still did it. I am scratching my head on this one...
Gene  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:29:54 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Looks like there are two separate problems. One problem is the dryer stops running and the other problem is the burner does not light properly.

I believe the solution for the first problem is to replace the control board and the fix for the second problem is to replace the gas valve coils.

- The control board Part number: AP3841286
Part number: AP3841286

- The coil kit Part number: AP3094251
Part number: AP3094251

Here is the Tech sheet.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GGW9868KT0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
ckb24  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 4:17:19 PM(UTC)
ckb24

It actually ignites just fine.... Just cuts off after about 2 minutes. The igniter lights it self up fine and the flame puts out normal heat.. Just all the sudden turns it self off after two minutes. Still think its the control board?
goober112002  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 6:55:15 PM(UTC)
goober112002

I just replaced the heating element in my dryer. It worked great for 4-5 loads. now when I start it it shuts itself off after 2-3 minutes. is this my thermostat? It still runs just not for very long so I don't know what else to do...please help me!!:confused:
Gene  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2010 1:06:31 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: ckb24 Go to Quoted Post
It actually ignites just fine.... Just cuts off after about 2 minutes. The igniter lights it self up fine and the flame puts out normal heat.. Just all the sudden turns it self off after two minutes. Still think its the control board?

If this is the only problem you see and it drys properly then there is nothing wrong. The flame should normally go on and off depends on the temperature inside the dryer. The cycling thermostat reads the temperature and operates the flame.

Gene.
Gene  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2010 1:09:05 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: goober112002 Go to Quoted Post
I just replaced the heating element in my dryer. It worked great for 4-5 loads. now when I start it it shuts itself off after 2-3 minutes. is this my thermostat? It still runs just not for very long so I don't know what else to do...please help me!!:confused:

Does it go on a few minutes later?

If it's cycling on and off then it's normal.

Gene.
ckb24  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2010 1:56:06 PM(UTC)
ckb24

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
If this is the only problem you see and it drys properly then there is nothing wrong. The flame should normally go on and off depends on the temperature inside the dryer. The cycling thermostat reads the temperature and operates the flame.

Gene.

Well sort of..... it goes off, but not just the flame.. The whole thing stops tumbling, beeps like it is done, and when I go to start it again, the whole control panel goes black like its losing power. I unplug it, let it sit for an hour or so and turn it back on and it gets hot for a few minutes then repeats the beep and shuts off.
Gene  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 9, 2010 8:06:11 PM(UTC)
Gene

Make sure the dryer exhaust line is clean all the way from the dryer back panel through the vent outlet.

Perform the diagnostic test as instructed in the Tech sheet (page 2) and post the results.

Gene.
ckb24  
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 12:22:52 PM(UTC)
ckb24

I did the test and all the lights lit up and had a 79 on the display. The link said you should get an 88 if all is well.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply