Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<891011>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Simon / APP Team  
#91 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 9:58:17 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

OK.

Keep us posted.

Simon.
TractionAction  
#92 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 6:44:43 AM(UTC)
TractionAction

Groups: Registered

I ended up getting a 2nd complete new display repair kit, installed and now the display functions great as well as the oven. The board that didn't work was returned. Thanks to all and this forum for helping out.
Gene  
#93 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2012 8:49:06 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
We are glad you were able to fix it but it's very sad to know that we cannot rely on a brand new parts anymore.

Thank you for the feedback.

Gene.
jimdeb  
#94 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 11:01:15 AM(UTC)
jimdeb

Hi all

Can someone provide a picture of which capacitors and are they on the back of the display or on another panel. I have a 2001ish Thermadore scd302 oven with a display that doesnt display. Its apart and Im anxious to fix it.

Jim
mrivney  
#95 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 4:56:23 PM(UTC)
mrivney

Hi all,
I fixed my SCD302 oven's dim display. Replaced two of the three capacitors. It was the smaller capacitor that was bad. Didn't replace one of the other larger capacitors because the display panel/glass was right up against it. Thought of bending it up but decided not to do it. And everything was OK but ...
The but was a F7 code. I finally fixed it. The F7 code was coming on due to the way I put the oven back together. Seems it's rather touchy. The green ribbon might have to do something with it. But don't give up. I undid the touch control's housing mounting (the entire bracket that holds the touch controls) and everything worked; no F7. So, I put it together, which took a few tries, and no more F7!
Regards, mrivney
MattLester  
#96 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 8:51:25 PM(UTC)
MattLester

Found this very informative thread.

Upon opening everything up, I found a burned spot not near a capacitor. The burned spot is at the top of the board near the glass connectors and lines up just to the left of dead center. I was afraid that was the problem since the capacitors looked good, but I went ahead and replaced my 4 capacitors (470, 470, 220, 22) on the back of the display. After soldering and plugging everything back in correctly and turning the power back on, the display was still dim; only the clock was readable and only if the lights in the kitchen were off. After looking around for possible loose connections, but without touching anything, the 470 capacitor directly next to the 220 popped and smoked. Touch screen still beeped and clock was still "visible" but with smoke coming out, I cut the power.

Just confirming that my board is in fact, toast. Thought I'd try the cool $10 fix, but it seems that I need to shell out the $350 for the kit. Anyone have any bright ideas that would stop me from having to pay big?
Tim@@@  
#97 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2015 12:53:11 PM(UTC)
Tim@@@

Just replaced the 3 capacitors. It's interesting to note that yes there were 2 - 470uf 35 v but the other one was a 220 uf 35 volt and not a 68 uf. Just saying.
I should have taken the board out and looked but I didn't and it cost me an extra $12 for shipping and handling for second 90 cent order of 2 220uf 35 v capacitors.
Anyway, although the dim display on the SC302ZP improved about 25% I'm not happy with the results.
QuinnKurk  
#98 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2015 1:48:12 PM(UTC)
QuinnKurk

I am having the same issue-dim display. I can see the clock but not the temp. I have a Thermador wall oven with microwave on top. (It was in the house when I moved in.) How do I find out what model number I have and which part to buy? How easy is it to replace the part? I'm handy but I don't want to make it worse if I can't fix it myself. Thanks!
HerbM  
#99 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 3:22:22 AM(UTC)
HerbM

Hi everybody,

I read this thread and got super excited until I realized that my model, Res30, has a different board than the wall ovens.

The display is dim. Everything else works great. Does anyone have any experience with fixing the Res30?
unmesh  
#100 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 4:05:09 PM(UTC)
unmesh

Originally Posted by: Tim@@@ Go to Quoted Post
Just replaced the 3 capacitors. It's interesting to note that yes there were 2 - 470uf 35 v but the other one was a 220 uf 35 volt and not a 68 uf. Just saying.
I should have taken the board out and looked but I didn't and it cost me an extra $12 for shipping and handling for second 90 cent order of 2 220uf 35 v capacitors.
Anyway, although the dim display on the SC302ZP improved about 25% I'm not happy with the results.

I too had the same capacitors and had a professional technician replace them though she said the originals looked fine. They seem a bit brighter but I might be just telling myself that and am disappointed with the results as Tim is :(
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply