Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Renovator-T  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 6:27:16 PM(UTC)
Renovator-T

Groups: Registered

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum prior to my first thread for help. I've frequented a few other forums, and one of my pet peeves is someone asking for help without, at least, introducing themselves.....

They call me " T " and I'm a renovations contractor here in NJ, as if you couldn't tell from my forum name.

I have been in the construction trade for 25 years now and I've worked as a laborer, on a framing crew, for several remodeling contractors, handyman with several medium sized mcmansion builders, field supervisor, and project manager. To me, those are all just titles, and since I started my business, as a reno contractor several years ago, I get to still wear all of those badges from time to time..... :)

Things have been slow, due to the economy, but I seem to keep myself busy doing small repair projects here and there. Looking forward to a change in the outlook...hopefully sooner than later.

Thanks for letting me into this pub......now where is the bathroom? It's been a long journey here and I really need to pee.:)

For those of you who don't like joking around.... my apologies for the last line.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2008 3:26:04 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Are you now fixing appliances?
Renovator-T  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2008 4:46:12 AM(UTC)
Renovator-T

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Are you now fixing appliances?

Is there a law against it?

I"m a little perplexed by your question. Is this or is this not a "repair forum"

Or have I trampled into "private" or "member of the appliance repair industry" space?

If you feel I'm not allowed here, then just let me know. I'll request that all of my posts and my information be removed by the webmaster. I didn't realize that this was an exclusive club, and I'll leave if requested.:confused:

BTW, Rich

Since you live in PA and I live in NJ, I don't think we'll be competing anytime soon. I appreciate the warm welcome to the forum... Thank you for being so kind.

To answer your question: no I'm not going to be changing professions, but as far as I'm concerned, I should be allowed to continue my personal education as far as I can, as long as I'm not putting myself or anyone else in any harm.
richappy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2008 12:12:53 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have absolutely no problem with you in this forum. It is up to the forum administrator to determine your status.
We have had other trade persons in this forum, but they soon realized they would get nothing out of it that helped them in their unique profession.
jackmcmanus21  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:05:30 AM(UTC)
jackmcmanus21

welcome T...I'm new here as well.
Admin / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 2:53:39 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups:

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Welcome to the forum, T! I'm pretty sure richappy didn't mean anything negative with his first reply at all. After all, it's people like him that volunteer their time and help out on the forum.

This forum is open to anyone. Post your appliance problem or use the General talk section to chit chat ;)

Oh yeah, a big welcome to Jackmcmanus21 as well!
Renovator-T  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 4:08:33 PM(UTC)
Renovator-T

THanks for the welcome Guys. Thanks Jack...

Sorry for not getting back sooner, but been a little tied up...

Great little forum you guys have here. Hope someday to be able to help someone else....hopefully.