Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kcarnold  
#11 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2010 7:02:32 PM(UTC)
kcarnold

Groups: Registered

Thanks! I received all but the control panel shield today, so I changed out the brake band assembly. The hardest part was getting the new brake band on and the solenoid attachment lock reinserted. Also, remember to put the snubber straps on the right way ;) But sure enough, it stops tamely now!

Here are some pictures that might help someone else with a similar machine.

One last question: I ordered a replacement pressure sensor tube because the original is gunky and I'd had to cut off some of it, but I can't get the original one disconnected from the basin! It doesn't seem to budge when I pull on it. Any hints?

Thanks again. And feel free to change the title of this thread to something more apropos.
Joe / APP Team  
#12 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2010 5:21:34 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kcarnold Go to Quoted Post
Thanks! I received all but the control panel shield today, so I changed out the brake band assembly. The hardest part was getting the new brake band on and the solenoid attachment lock reinserted. Also, remember to put the snubber straps on the right way ;) But sure enough, it stops tamely now!

Here are some pictures that might help someone else with a similar machine.

One last question: I ordered a replacement pressure sensor tube because the original is gunky and I'd had to cut off some of it, but I can't get the original one disconnected from the basin! It doesn't seem to budge when I pull on it. Any hints?

Thanks again. And feel free to change the title of this thread to something more apropos.

I'm glad everything went well.

The pictures will come in handy for future reference, it will remain in the forum.

As for the "stuck" air tube, on the tub, it was probably glued on by the prevoius owner,like the end at the pressure switch. I can only tell you to be very careful in any attempt to remove it.

You don't want to "snap off" the connector at the tub,You could try twisting the tube, lightly with a pair of pliers, but very carefully, hopefully it will break loose and you can replace it.

Be careful, and have a good day.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply