Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lsaling  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2010 4:24:02 PM(UTC)
lsaling

Groups: Registered

This is a two drawer dishwasher bottom works fine top won't start.
Close the door press start and it beeps a little tune and nothing. If I hold the bottom drawer just shy of shut it does the same thing. I emailed Fisher & Paykel and this is response.
"The DD603 does not actually have a contact switch but uses another method to detect when it is closed. It is not something we are able to give you technical advice on how to diagnose and fix it so we would once again urge you to have an Authorised servicer do the repair for you."
Any help???
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Applianceaid  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:54:15 PM(UTC)
Applianceaid

Hello,
Their is a glass pyramid on the side of the drawer, when the door is shut it sends a infrared beam to the prizim and back to the control, if the drawer does not line up the drawer will make an auidable beep or melody. Let me know what you have tried so far and we can walk through a few more steps.

Below is a video that explains how to remove the drawer from the dishwasher, this will be helpful to look on the prizim. Also note this video explains how to take the front off the dishwasher if the control board comes loose the same can happen I've seen that several times.

F&P Repair Video
nomadsoup  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 9, 2014 7:45:40 AM(UTC)
nomadsoup

Originally Posted by: Applianceaid Go to Quoted Post
Hello,
Their is a glass pyramid on the side of the drawer, when the door is shut it sends a infrared beam to the prizim and back to the control, if the drawer does not line up the drawer will make an auidable beep or melody. Let me know what you have tried so far and we can walk through a few more steps.

Below is a video that explains how to remove the drawer from the dishwasher, this will be helpful to look on the prizim. Also note this video explains how to take the front off the dishwasher if the control board comes loose the same can happen I've seen that several times.

F&P Repair Video

Do you have any photos or videos of where the glass pyramid might be on the side?
Thanks
nomadsoup  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 9, 2014 8:58:40 AM(UTC)
nomadsoup

I found some info on where the optical sensor is as well as how to remove the front plate. I am attaching a photo of where all this is.
The optical sensor is located on the top right side of the drawer.
In my case the plastic piece that held the control panel, which is where the optical sensor is, to the inner wall had broken so the optical sensor was misaligned, which is why I was not able to get the dish cycle going. So, I have taped the control panel in (i.e. the black tape) - time will tell if this holds or not.
To remove the front cover pull out the plugs located on the lower side of the drawer - one on each side.
File Attachment(s):
dish_washer_fix.jpg (340kb) downloaded 525 time(s).
Teena Marie  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2016 4:18:18 PM(UTC)
Teena Marie

My top drawer DD603 is doing the same thing. Thank you everyone for your posts that led me to my problem. Mine was misalignment of the light transfer tubes. Your owners manual has instructions for the "Tub Home Sensor Test" that you access through "HO" (Hardware Output) Diagnostics test mode. My test showed that with the drawer shut, the KEYLOCK symbol was off=Open.

Fisher & Paykel Technical Bulletin DW038 "DD603 Product Pausing Mid Cycle" is a check list and pictures of how to align the prism.

My light transfer tubes were out of alignment, I could wiggle them with my finger. Examined the working drawer and noted that the light tubes were aligned flush with tub front and there was no gap between the drawer face plate and the tube front. My drawer plate and tub front had a gap, allowing the tubes to move out of alignment. Maybe wear over time?? this drawer gets pulled open quadruple as often as the bottom and it's 8 years old. I removed the face plate per the owners manual instructions, made a gasket out of thickly folded tinfoil (its what I had on hand) and attached it with double sided tape to the back of the face plate positioned so the gasket would line up with the light tubes to fill the gap.

With the gasket installed, pushed the start/pause and the drawer finished the cycle without stopping. Will Post a follow up to let you know if it holds.
NHUSA  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 1:31:36 PM(UTC)
NHUSA

Great Info -- I am having trouble with our bottom drawer. No fault codes but it does not indicate that the door is closed. All FP wanted to do was sell me a new control unit for $275 when I knew that it had something to do with the sensor. There were no answers about how the sensor worked until I found you guys! Thanks.
Truckdad99  
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 19, 2018 4:58:43 PM(UTC)
Truckdad99

We also had this problem. The fix here saved me from having to go buy a new dishwasher. Thank you for the help. It now works great.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2022 9:33:07 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Worked a treat! A bit of plastic fell out when I opened the front
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2023 3:26:53 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Does anybody know the type of it sensor and detector? Mine is not visible with the phone. I believe the IR LED is broken, I just don’t know what type I should use to replace it.
Thanks.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply