Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
paulpegg  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:13:41 AM(UTC)
paulpegg

Groups: Registered

I have the same problem on a new Whirlpool side by side I purchased in October. The water in the door dispenser is never cold. My 30 year old GE never had a problem like this. I tested the capacity of the tubing in the Whirlpool as suggested above. The firs 8 oz glass came out at 64 F. The second was 61 F. The following three were at 68 F, which is the temperature of the cold tap water.

This design just plain sucks. The other problem I have is that food items at the back of the refrigerated side freeze even though the temperature is set at 37 F. I have a thermometer inside and the control is holding 37 F but the back is much colder than the front.

i would like to return this lemon!
RC Arrow  
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:17:26 PM(UTC)
RC Arrow

I am having same issue with a new Whirlpool 21 cu ft side by side.

It is sad because our last fridge dispensed at least a few glass s of chilled water! I hope it is something that can be adjusted.
RC Arrow  
#23 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:20:34 PM(UTC)
RC Arrow

II have the exact same issue!
Rcarrow  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:57:23 AM(UTC)
Rcarrow

Normal? Why would you say that? People buy through the door dispenser to obtain a reasonable amount of chilled water. If a refrigerator cannot deliver at least 2 or 3 8 oz glasses of water at about 45 degrees, there is a design issue.

The culprit is that they no longer use good volume holding tanks. They use too short 1/4 inch tubing that yields only a third of the needed volume!

We must require Whirlpool to develop a fix. Either a 30 ounce holding tank or enough tubing length to yield the same volume.
Rcarrow  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2018 10:15:10 AM(UTC)
Rcarrow

Test as follows: Set fridge temperature to a lower setting, between 30 and 35 degrees. Verify temp with thermometer.

Draw 4 ounces of water. Measure temp and throw out. Keep drawing water 4 oz at a time and measure each draw for temp. One of your four ounces should be around 45 degrees. If still near sixty, there is an issue. Verify the cooling plastic tubes behind the crisper. Insure they are same temp as fridge.

Also, estimate the volume of the coiled tubing which acts like a little tank.
Use this equation:
Volume in ounces = number of coils x 3.14 x diameter of coil bunch x 3.14 x .125 x .125 x .534
The above is for a 1/4 inch plastic line and for the diameter of the coil bunch in inches. Volume is in ounces.
If volume is not around 30 oz, that is not good. I calculated mine and got 9 oz. I can only get 4 oz of chilled water--8 if I am lucky. My old GE calculates at 30 oz with its little holding tank.

We must get with Whirlpool and request a fix or a recall. No matter what size the fridge is, a reasonable amount of chilled water is a must!

By background is in engineering.
#26 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2022 11:39:40 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Ours also does not dispense cold water. We have checked all possibly incorrect items and everything is correct. Checked water temp and it is about 60 degrees F when dispensed. Pretty much the same as the tap water. If we wanted tap water temperature, we would not have paid extra for the through-the-door water. Have spoken with repair people several times and their response was...just put ice in your water if you want cold water. Feeling disgusted and ripped off at this point. Will not buy another Whirlpool appliance and will tell everyone to steer away from through-the-door water because it is a total waste of money.
#27 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2022 6:36:04 PM(UTC)

United States

Hi. I found no water running into those plastic tubes in the fridge. I have not figured how to get water running into those tubes. It run directly from supply line to dispenser
#28 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2022 6:37:22 PM(UTC)

United States

Hi. I found no water running into those plastic tubes in the fridge. I have not figured how to get water running into those tubes. It run directly from supply line to dispenser
#29 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2022 2:54:15 PM(UTC)

United States

I have the same problem. Dispensed water is warm like tap water. Old fridge had cold water all the time.
dwh4jdh  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2022 12:28:36 PM(UTC)
dwh4jdh

United States

Might as well add my lack of cold water woes. Fridge is new since July, got the professional install. Never has water been colder than room temperature. Ever. Doesn't matter how much or how little water is used. Always the same temp. Fridge and freezer work great. I think a class action lawsuit is in order.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply