Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2022 7:35:14 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dh1200s Go to Quoted Post
Hello stein19,

What are the first two digits of your Serial number that is the series number for the machine. It will be 10 thru 17. If your Clutch Pulley used the upper bearing ring it’s a series 10 or 11 from what I have seen. Did your Clutch Pulley use the upper One-Way Roller clutch bearing ring?

“”My Neptune TL has been acting up for several weeks now, thumping and stopping itself during the wash cycle and also when switching from rinse to spin.””

Any unbalance error codes like dC and uC when the machine stops? I would expect a unbalance error code of dC or uC.

“”I have removed and cleaned up the clutch””

Did you check to make sure when you had the Clutch Pulley apart that the White Bearing plate removed from the Clutch Pulley would rotate CW around the Spinner Shaft coupler freely and lock up solid when you rotate White Bearing plate CCW around the Spinner Shaft Coupler as I described in this post Maytag Neptune load unbalance?

If your machine uses the upper bearing ring make sure it will pass the same test as the White bearing plate.

If the One-Way Roller clutches do not lock up solid with CCW rotation of the White Bearing plate around the Spinner Shaft Coupler and slip you will get agitator shaft rotation as the Spinner Assembly/Wash Basket spins up. This will cause tumblerweb that will move the Wash Basket load off balance.

The TDS will signal the Control Board of the large unbalance wash tub swings. The Control Board will attempt to re-distribute the wash basket load seeking a better wash basket load balance condition and after a number of attempts will terminate the wash cycle with either a dC/uC unbalance error code. Are you getting those unbalance error codes to the console LED display?

If you are then TDS is working as designed and properly signaling the Control Board of the unbalance condition and the Control Board is properly terminating the wash cycle. I feel the root cause is the Clutch Pulley the One-Way Roller clutches bearing are slipping when the wash basket enters a spin cycle of the wash cycle. If you were to stop that wash cycle and enter a Spin Only cycle with that Wash Basket load I feel you would have the same issue and error code out with dC or uC. I feel if you enter a Spin Only cycle with no clothes in the wash basket the Spin Only cycle would complete.

I’ll try to help just need some feedback and be long winded like me. More info is better for me I’m and owner like you and no expert for sure.....Dick

Are 17

Edited by user Tuesday, July 12, 2022 7:37:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply