Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hb Gamer  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 21, 2008 9:53:07 AM(UTC)
hb Gamer

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I am a newbie to this board but I have a problem with my GE Profile cook top. One of the right burners does not work and when I try to use it I get an error code F 112. I have tried the reset procedures but the problem persists. GE was unable to tell me what the error code means and I have not been able to find any info through web searches.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

pammy52  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 9:38:33 AM(UTC)
pammy52

I too have JUST had my cooktop do the same thing. It started beeping on its own like an alarm and when we checked it this F112 started flashing. The cooktop is "hard wired" so we shutoff the breaker and when it came back on the F112 was gone, and the burners heated, but now one of the "hot surface" indicator lights is on even though we are not using it. I am going to call GE now, but they better have a better response then, "I don't know" This thing cost me $2,000 and it is ONLY 4 yrs old.
hb Gamer  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 9:59:50 AM(UTC)
hb Gamer

Originally Posted by: pammy52 Go to Quoted Post
I too have JUST had my cooktop do the same thing. It started beeping on its own like an alarm and when we checked it this F112 started flashing. The cooktop is "hard wired" so we shutoff the breaker and when it came back on the F112 was gone, and the burners heated, but now one of the "hot surface" indicator lights is on even though we are not using it. I am going to call GE now, but they better have a better response then, "I don't know" This thing cost me $2,000 and it is ONLY 4 yrs old.

We had GE out and they had to replace one of the burners. The F112 never stopped even after the hard reset. The build quality is poor for a appliance costing this much.
extreme98  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 9:10:07 PM(UTC)
extreme98

Hi NSAN
Could you please post the detailed procedure to replace RDT as you described or where I can find the repair steps? I am having the same problem on my monogram cooktop now. Thank you very much for your help!

extreme98

Originally Posted by: NSAN Go to Quoted Post
My GE cooktop has similar problems.Flashing F113.I found service manual inside of them.Accoding to this that your F112 is Left AFT side heater was over temp.I did replaced Heater Assy.Then fix it.Cause of this problem is RDT temp sensor was bad I think.I have twice this problems!This RDT was made by Cyntec Taiwan company.I've been tell to GE.But no response.Cyntec also.:mad:
NSAN
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2021 4:03:31 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
#
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2021 4:04:55 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
#
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply