Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
b707guy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2021 1:49:44 PM(UTC)
b707guy

Groups: Registered

Hello, I have a GE PDW8280N00SS. Until recently, it's worked like a champ since installing it in 2007. However, it has begun to not clean upper rack items or the silverware on the bottom rack. No change in loading technique.

When opening the door during the fill cycle, there is very little water in the basin, and the fill port only has a small amount of water trickling out (not sure how quickly it might shut off when the door is sensed not closed). The fill cycle ends in less than a minute. A sticker on the fill valve mentions a three-minute timer. Not sure what would cause the timer to shut off in less than three minutes, unless the door is opened or the flood switch interrupts it. The filter screen built in to the fill valve is clean. The valve itself appears to be working, as it opens and closes on command. The flood switch and float are working fine.

There is zero clogging of any of the other filters or their assemblies, drain system works fine, water pressure at the shutoff valve under the sink is great, and the spray arm jets are clean. However, water pressure coming out of the inlet hose at the fill valve seems very low. I am using a "FloodSafe" water supply hose. A label on the hose says to disconnect and reconnect to reset the hose, but it is not shut off - simply very low flow when compared with a non-FloodSafe hose.

If I add water to the basin, everything seems to work fine, with water audibly hitting the door from the upper spray arms and with the spray arms re-positioned and with water dripping from them upon opening the door mid cycle.

So it seems the issue is that there isn't enough water entering the machine. I'm guessing the likely causes for that might be:
1. Fill valve (part 744) not opening fully or shutting off too early for some reason?
2. FloodSafe supply hose between household shutoff valve and fill valve clogged?
3. Clog in the fill hose (part 576) between the fill valve and the inlet cover (573)/fill funnel (575)? I haven't pulled the machine from under the cabinet to assess this possibility.
4. Other?

Appreciate any insight on narrowing down a cause - hate to just throw money/parts at it hoping something works!

P.S. I did read the 10-y/o sticky post about the Frigidaire with similar problem, but no solution seems to have worked, other than perhaps the OP getting either a new dishwasher (or a new wife!).

Edited by user Sunday, August 1, 2021 2:13:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.