Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MWhittenSr  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 7:52:09 PM(UTC)
MWhittenSr

Groups: Registered
United States

Greetings, I have an old Maytag DE412 that wont heat. House voltage is good, heater coil ohms out at right around 8 ohms so I'm assuming that's fine. It doesn't have thermal fuse that I can find however it does have three thermostats, one on the heater assembly and two on the blower outflow. All three ohm out to zero at room temp. I have read that there is something on the motor itself that also controls the heater coil which may have gone bad but have no clue how to go about checking that. Everything else on the dryer works fine just no heat. I'm also not reading any voltage across the heater coil at all. Also cant find any schematics anywhere online for it either. Looks to be from the 70's, have the the matching washer as well and it still has the suds saver mode if that helps date these. Any assistance or guidance would be much appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.