Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
StephenLight  
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2020 4:41:53 PM(UTC)
StephenLight

Groups: Registered
United States

I have had a Bosch Dishwasher for almost 3 years. The only time it will not start is when there is an issue with the latch. The time display and operator red light blink and even with reset and on/off cycling, I cannot get it going.

The solution I’d to toggle the hard grey plastic latch switch which is at the top center of the Tub enclosure. It sometimes get stuck or fails to cycle properly. I use a slot head screwdriver to carefully push it forward or back. For a small swicth it takes a good amount of effort to get it to move.

Once you get it switched forward and ready to take the door latch, I have had the issue disappear and it starts.

Good Luck to all!
verx  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 4:45:21 PM(UTC)
verx

Groups: Registered
United States

Alright - so we got our Bosche washer 800 series today. Brand spankin new. The first run went fantastic all the dishes were spotless. We've been without a dishwasher for quite a while so I immediately loaded her up again. And guess what! This error happened. Same thing all of you have been saying. Well, through reading all of it I realized it made sense for it not to be closing properly but our washer is NEW there's no way it's already got a broken latch and if it broke in a day this toddler mom was going to be PISSED! Welp - the middle rack looked like it was sticking out a little far. So we pulled that thing out and tried to start it. INSTANTLY WORKED! Well - after doing the whole 3-second reset button that I'm now a pro at.

Our dishwasher has this weird looking thing in the back of the middle rack when you pull it out - it's like circles lined up vertical like buttons on a shirt or like a stoplight. I think it might be for running the water through the sprayer in the middle rack? Anywho- that little spot is loose. I believe it's supposed to be a little loose since the whole new fancy shmancy thing is being able to run the washer with the middle row on a tilt. But, these weren't lined up properly the part conncected to the rack is supposed to fit inside the part connected to the back of the washer. If they're not lined up properly the middle rack won't close all the way and will stop the washer from running.

Hope this is able to help another annoyed dishwasher owner!

TLDR - Check that your middle rack is properly aligned with the back of the dishwasher. It has a little stop light looking thing that fits together and if it's not together it will prevent the dishwasher from closing.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2021 11:34:36 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Take the little magnet out from the plastic door latch and stick the magnet to the metal. Reinstall the door latch. Their are videos all over U Tube explaining this issue and showing you how to do this.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 3:31:14 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Originally Posted by: elahebwd Go to Quoted Post
I had the same problem and fortunately I could fix it by first holding the "start" until the "active" light didn't flash anymore. Then I turned off the machine and turned it on again. And it worked. :)

#15 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2021 8:29:42 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Same issue - on mine I found it was the latch on the inside of the door frame, at the top, was just stuck. I did not need a screwdriver to work it loose, I just pushed it back and forth with thumb and forefinger and it popped loose. Dishwasher resumed working after that.
#16 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 4:50:34 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

My Bosche is approximately 2 yrs old... it will not start... displays a red flashing light and and displays 1min in red on the display... I am really very upset as this is the most expensive dishwasher I have ever purchased... in need of help to find a solution
s gaines
#17 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2021 2:34:22 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Same as Tricocloud, had a knife stuck in one of the slide rails. I moved the knife . . . all is well.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 4:56:58 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Thank you for posting this info. Turns out I had a mug with the handle facing the back that was stopping the machine from starting. So much frustration until I found this message board.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2021 10:23:21 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

The same happened to us, with a bowl on the front of the upper rack. Sometimes the simplest solution works the best!

Best.

Miguel.
#20 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 9:36:06 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

The auto light was on for me. I kept fidgeting with the buttons until normal light went on, I closed the the and it worked.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply