Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lwilliams  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 2, 2010 1:43:54 PM(UTC)
lwilliams

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Profile side by side refrigerator. I am having a problem with the auger in the icemaker. The motor works fine, but the auger gets stuck. I can't even turn it by hand. It appears that it is getting stuck on a piece of ice where it is supposed to be dispensed from. I'm confused, though, because isn't that what is supposed to crush the ice? If I clear out the ice the auger will turn but another piece of ice immediately gets stuck there. It does this whether I choose crushed or cubed ice. I have attached a picture of the part I am referring to.
lwilliams attached the following image(s):
ice2.jpeg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 2, 2010 5:26:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Possible one or more blades are bad. You have to take the ice crusher apart and inspect all parts. The disassembly instructions are attached to the reply.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Ice maker & dispenser replacement parts for General Electric PSS26SGRASS Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
GSS - PSS ice crusher disassembly.doc (86kb) downloaded 74 time(s).
dtstelting@sbcglobal.net  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 1:23:57 PM(UTC)
dtstelting@sbcglobal.net

Our GE icemaker is doing the same thing. Did you resolve your problem with removing and replacing the blade(s)? If not, could you please inform me of how your issue was finally resolved?
lwilliams  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 5:55:44 PM(UTC)
lwilliams

Originally Posted by: dtstelting@sbcglobal.net Go to Quoted Post
Our GE icemaker is doing the same thing. Did you resolve your problem with removing and replacing the blade(s)? If not, could you please inform me of how your issue was finally resolved?

I have not resolved the problem yet. My icemaker is not making ice at all now. I guess I'm just going to have to have the whole thing replaced.
mike66  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:30:42 PM(UTC)
mike66

Mine just started too. Won't crush or dispense ice..seems to stall out. Icemaker itself is cranking out ice as usual. Will take the thing apart this weekend but don't really know what bad blades look like. Will probably end up ordering the whole assembly. Will let you know if any luck with a repair.
gbudde  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:42:57 PM(UTC)
gbudde

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Possible one or more blades are bad. You have to take the ice crusher apart and inspect all parts. The disassembly instructions are attached to the reply.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Ice maker & dispenser replacement parts for General Electric PSS26SGRASS Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Hey seems like these GE ice makers all have possible design Flaw. Mine doing same.Clean ice out from auger works fine until it jams again. My blades look ok. It works ok until it jams. I suspect Helix??? Can you tell me if this should rotate with the auger shaft. Mine just free wheels on shaft. It seems if helix was closer to crushing chamber, cube ice would be better metered into chamber.
Gene  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2011 1:30:03 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Yes, it should.

Gene.
butherous  
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 11:05:59 PM(UTC)
butherous

United States

I was having the same issue with my GE refrigerator. Here is how I fixed it:

GE Refrigerator Ice Dispenser Stuck - Noise but No Ice

Edited by user Saturday, April 27, 2019 11:18:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply