Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gate-c  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2019 7:24:02 AM(UTC)
Gate-c

Groups: Registered
United States

Assuming the wobble in the drum is from broken spider I figured I might as well replace the bearing while everything is pulled apart, but I can’t seem to find reliable information if the WF337AAR/XAA bearings can be replaced or if there are built into the outer tub (DC97-12957A).

https://www.appliancepar...97-12957a-ap4210702.html

Does a new tub need to be purchased or can the bearings be replaced on this model? I don’t want to purchase a whole outer tub casing if I don’t have to if the bearings are not the issue.

Thanks

Edited by user Sunday, April 7, 2019 7:26:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: link to part

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gate-c  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2019 7:35:12 AM(UTC)
Gate-c

Groups: Registered
United States

I don’t want to purchase the outer tub casing if the bearings are not the issue.

Unsure if there was a slow progression of a wobble forming in the drum, just all of a sudden after a wash cycle there was smoke and melted rubber around the door seal. from friction. Spinning the empty drum by hand I could see there was an off-center wobble and rubbing.

I assumed the spider arm corroded and broke and no longer supported the drum property. I figured I would confirm one the washer was disassembled.

The spider does have some cracking, but the arms are still intact and trying to wiggle the shaft around I don’t notice any loose play. There is some oily rust along the base of the shaft. Is this a possible sign of the bearing goes bad? There wasn’t any significant grind sounds.

Spider shaft

Is the off center spin a good indicator of bad bearings or is it most likely the spider integrity being compromised?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply