Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
agdodge4x4  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 1:37:48 PM(UTC)
agdodge4x4

Groups: Registered

For the last several weeks, the ice cream is soft in my freezer. There is a bit of food and stuff in it. Today, I noticed the ice cubes in the tray are partially melted. Meat is still frozen solid. The dials on the fridge and freezer are turned as cold as they will go.

There is no ice buildup in the freezer, so the defrost seems to be working OK.

Is there something I can check or do to figure out why this freezer is not really freezing like it should be?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

agdodge4x4  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 8:12:27 PM(UTC)
agdodge4x4

TTT

Can anyone assist me with this? I have everything out of my freezer. The meat on the bottom of the freezer seems to be frozen solid.

Is this a thermostat issue? Where is it? I'm at a loss here. How do I troubleshoot this? While I was cleaning out everything in the top, the door was open for at least 10 or 15 minutes, but the compressor or fan never came on. I never got into the fridge. The issue seems to be intermittent. Sometimes the ice cream is rock hard. I have no ice buildup in the back of the freezer or water puddling in the bottom of the frdige, which is what happens when the hole is plugged.

Your guidance is greatly appreciated.:cool:
agdodge4x4  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 6:36:30 PM(UTC)
agdodge4x4

Nothing eh?

No one has seen this issue?

I put a thermometer in the freezer, it showed 14 degrees F. That's plenty cold. WHy would it warm up.
agdodge4x4  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2018 5:10:44 PM(UTC)
agdodge4x4

TTT

How is it that this thread has gone so long without a single response from a pro?

The entire coil in the back is iced over. The coil thermostat is functional and has continuity when its covered in ice. It is new. The defrost timer is new. However, I did not have ice problems before replacing the defrost timer. Teh heating element has 36 Ohms of resistance and has continuity as well.

Please someone help. I don't understand why I can't get any guidance here.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
agdodge4x4  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2018 5:39:07 PM(UTC)
agdodge4x4

TTT

I checked my timer, the brand new one, and I found it to not be running at all. The gears were not spinning. It is my undertanding that these must run all the time. Is that true? I have a black wire on the new timer which was not there on the old one. I dont know where it goes. Eitehr way, shouldnt this timer be moving inside?