Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
noice21  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 10, 2017 4:22:37 PM(UTC)
noice21

Groups: Registered

Ice Maker keeps tripping the GFI. After resetting, It normally makes it thru the rinse cycle before it trips again. After monitoring several short run cycles I noticed nothing unusual underneath (Compressor/Condenser area) that would cause the GFI to trip. No pattern to when the GFI trips either... machine will run anywhere from 5 to 25min before tripping the GFI at each occurrence. I'm thinking some electrical contacts are possibly getting wet somewhere. Been operating the Ice Machine all summer with no problems until now. Any troubleshooting help would be appreciated.
:cool:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

joehrjoe  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2017 4:55:58 AM(UTC)
joehrjoe

I am having similar problem with my stand alone Kitchenaid ice maker model KUIS18NNTB1. 8 years old. I've cleaned it several times but after starting back up it will flip the breaker. Did you find any solutions to yours?
noice21  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2017 4:09:12 PM(UTC)
noice21

No solutions for mine yet. I have yet to start it back up since it last tripped the GFI.
joehrjoe  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2017 6:18:41 PM(UTC)
joehrjoe

Good news! I downloaded the owners manual and followed the directions to clean my unit thoroughly. The condenser coils were covered with lint/dust. I also cleaned all the interior parts. The ice maker is now working properly and not tripping the circuit breaker.
joehrjoe  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 2:05:45 PM(UTC)
joehrjoe

Never Mind! My new,y cleaned ice maker worked for about 12 hours before flipping the circuit breaker and putting off electrical smoke odor. I’m in process of buying a new one.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply