Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
redjada  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 3, 2017 9:01:47 AM(UTC)
redjada

Groups: Registered

Hey everyone, been a while since I had to come here to ask for help. I have a Maytag centennial washer ( about 18 months old ) that is not filling up all the way. I'm only getting about 3-4 inches of water in the tub, the rest of the cycle seems to run as it should. I got into the diagnostics mode and I'm getting 2 codes. For the life of me I cant seem to decipher what I'm seeing. I'm attaching a short video of the codes. So if you could take a look and let me know what these mean I would appreciate it.

https://youtu.be/v_I57aN84S8

Thanks for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

M Yaworski  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 3, 2017 11:59:49 AM(UTC)
M Yaworski

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm not an appliance wizard but I used to sell them. Isn't the Centennial an HE machine with no big corkscrew agitator? If so, it shouldn't fill up with water, it should just put in enough water to barely cover the clothes.
redjada  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2017 6:18:25 AM(UTC)
redjada

Originally Posted by: M Yaworski Go to Quoted Post
I'm not an appliance wizard but I used to sell them. Isn't the Centennial an HE machine with no big corkscrew agitator? If so, it shouldn't fill up with water, it should just put in enough water to barely cover the clothes.

Thanks for the reply M. Your correct in what you say. But regardless the size of the load I still only get 3-4 inches of water. Example, If the laundry load fills the tub 10 inches deep. Only the bottom 3-4 inches gets wet, the top of the load staying high and dry. So I'm thinking some sort of auto sensing issue.
M Yaworski  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2017 7:21:41 PM(UTC)
M Yaworski

I was once told by one of my company's techs that improper filling could be related to a defective lid switch. I don't know if he was pulling my leg but that's what he said.

I did some googling and found https://www.applianceblog.com/ma...g-Centennial-repair-help
redjada  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 1:43:24 PM(UTC)
redjada

Thanks for the info, But my research is showing this part has fixed a lot of problems with agitating right away, not low fill levels. We were in a bind when we bought this and didn't to research on it. I know see it's a pretty crappy washer. LOL. With that said if I replace this part and it dont fix my problem then I have almost $400 into a $300 washer. Any way you can decipher the codes in my short video in my OP? Wife is ready to buy a new machine. LOL
M Yaworski  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 4:42:16 AM(UTC)
M Yaworski

Sorry, I'm not a tech. I just sold the things for years.

"I know see it's a pretty crappy washer. "

99% of the people who bought Maytag HE washers from me were happy with them. Usually, the 1% of unhappy people were not following the directions. HE washers in general confuse the heck out of people.

Good luck. You might want to look for another forum for faster response.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply