Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fernst  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 7:18:40 AM(UTC)
fernst

Groups: Registered

I have a GS6SHAXML00 side by side Whirlpool refrigerator.
The unit has been shutting down (not cooling) recently. When I open the refrigerator or freezer door it will sometimes start clicking (if the compressor is running when I open the door it continues to work fine). Usually it will restart in a few minutes if the clicking starts. Sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't restart I can unplug the unit, plug it back in, and it starts immediately (I might hear one click). I pulled the fridge out and took the back off and the clicking, or popping, is coming from the circuit board in the white box attached to the lower side of the fridge on the refrigerator side, near the compressor. The clicking is absolutely coming from the circuit board. I took the circuit board out of the white box and can hear it distinctly. The part on the circuit board is labeled Potter & Brumfield, T7CS5D-24, also has 700514 and 0314 as part of the info. There are 3 soldered on the board. Is this a symptom of something else that is wrong (compressor or relay etc), or does the circuit board (which does not seem to be available) need to be replaced? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

max_h  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 6:24:59 PM(UTC)
max_h

Hello,

I have exact same problem with my Whirlpool refrigerator. After inspecting the control board, I see the same part numbers as you described. The clicking sound definitely comes from one of the relays.
Do you mind sharing what you ended up doing with it? Were you ever able to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
ThatGuy  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 9:56:47 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Apparently its a reoccurring problem with the circuit board in these.

Part number WPW10135090

Whirlpool Refrig. Problem - Appliances - Page 3 - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

http://www.fixya.com/support/t4..._refridgerator_light_not

Does yours have any burn marks on the solder side of the board? any bulged capacitors?

I see these sell on Epay and there are places that can fix them.
max_h  
#4 Posted: : Saturday, March 18, 2017 9:56:03 AM(UTC)
max_h

Thanks for replying. I didn't see any "bulging" on any of the components but I ended up replacing all three relays with news ones I got online. I would have liked to replace the whole board, but it's no longer manufactured and the ones I was able to find are well over $300.
After replacement the clicking sound is gone, BUT looks like the freezer isn't freezing any more while regular section is about 40F (which I think is normal). Granted, I replaced relays late last night so maybe it needs time to cool.
Both fan and compressor seem to be running fine. If freezer doesn't start working properly I have no option but to cut my losses and get a new refrigerator.
Would love to hear if you had a similar experience.

Thanks in advance.
ThatGuy  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 11:37:24 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Replacing the electrolytic capacitors would probably help. They often fail and can cause many problems.

Any pics of your board?
rajlovermaster  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2017 7:46:40 AM(UTC)
rajlovermaster

I am having weird problem. My freezer and fridge stopped working on saturday...both the sections were warm... .... On Sunday i ordered 3 in 1 Starter kit to test and last night i installed it and the fridge started cooling again. The starting device that i took out was burnt but capacitor looked good.

The problem now is whenever i open the fridge side (right), the compressor goes off and it starts making clicking noise.....when i close the door it starts again... I was going to order OEM starting device and put it...will it fix it ??

below is video of the problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5o4bsQ2Q7U&t=0s
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply