Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
topcop12  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2017 3:58:36 PM(UTC)
topcop12

Groups: Registered

I have a maytag atlantis washer model MAV6200AWW. Last night it started making a squeaking noise on spin. I looked and it was barely spinning, the auger was moving very slowly. I also noticed water leaking from the bottom of the unit. So I watched every video I could on this model. Feeling confident i took the front off. i checked the belt and it was not broken and felt fairly tight. I took the drain pump out and check it. The pulley would spin and it did not appear damaged or clogged up. The pulley wheel on the motor also spins freely. The pulley on the agitator seemed hard to move by hand but would move.

So I put a little water in it and then shut it off and shut the water off. I advanced it to spin and right away i noticed water leaking from the bottom of the drain pump. The tub was still spinning very slowly. I then pushed the motor in and it felt like it grabbed the belt better as the tub then spun like normal but as soon as i would let pressure off the motor it would slow down again.

I ordered a new drain pump and a new belt but i am unsure if this will fix the total issue. Looking for advice from anyone.

thanks in advance
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.