Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
paparola1  
#11 Posted : Monday, July 5, 2010 1:02:02 PM(UTC)
paparola1

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: GMS Go to Quoted Post
I have the SHU9915UC/U11 as well and I have confirmed that the dispenser is unvented. Do you happen to have the part # for it? I want to make sure that I am ordering the correct one and most people seem to carry the vented. (I am in Canada, which narrows my choices.)

Thanks!

From my invoice:

Part Number Description
------------------------------------------
AP3844311 (490467) Dispenser

AP2802340 (263088) Dispenser assembly (vented)

Pat
paparola1  
#12 Posted : Monday, July 5, 2010 5:39:53 PM(UTC)
paparola1

Originally Posted by: GMS Go to Quoted Post
Thank you! I ordered 490467 (unvented) today. Did you install it yourself? I downloaded the instructions already and it looks doable.

I did it; was easy if you follow the trick I cited on an earlier post to this thread. You will need to be sure that you do not permanently deform the thin sheet metal fins when you remove the old one. You will need them in their original condition to hold the new one in place.
You can gently pry each fin off of the side of the dispenser with a very small flat screw driver blade. You barely need to bend each one to disengage it, but when you remove your screwdriver blade, the sharp edge of the fin will re-engage the dispenser unless you slip something in the gap before you remove the screwdriver blade. The trick is to insert a tiny brad or thin strip of metal (like a feeler guage) between each fin and the dispenser to keep it from re-engaging. I used small diameter ~1" long brads. Put 1 or 2 brads at each fin, one fin at a time. Once all of the brads are in place the dispenser just pushes out of the door into the inside of the washer.
The new one pushes back into the hole and engages the fins. The fins point into the hole, so the dispenser slides right in. The fins act like fishing hook barbs to prevent it from coming back out. No brads are needed for the install. Push it in firmly to make sure the gasket on the back of the new dispenser seals against the edge of the inner door hole. The uninstall / reinstall took only a couple of minutes after opening up the door. I hope this helps. It really was pretty easy.

Pat
Gene  
#13 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2010 4:33:10 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: crosney Go to Quoted Post
I have just ordered a replacement soap dispenser and discovered that the original is vented while the new one is not vented. Do I need to send back the new one and get a vented dispenser to match the original or are they interchangeable?

What is the complete model number of the dishwasher?

Gene.
AReed  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 7:49:23 AM(UTC)
AReed

Crosney
Check out one of the earlier replies, and there is a picture attached of the vented and unvented dispensers. They are not interchangeable ( at least , not if you want it to work right, although it will probably fit). There is confusion about whether the models came with vented/unvented, and it is quite clear that some models defy the wisdom of what is supposed to be installed. Mine was supposed to be unvented, and it was not. I think others have had the same experience. Just look at the pictures, they are very clear, and you will see quickly which one is right for you.

AR
ppeters914  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 10:05:39 AM(UTC)
ppeters914

Another SHU9915/U11 with the non-vented dispenser.

Thanks to this thread and two others, removing the old dispenser was easy. :D Using small brads to keep the metal retaining tabs released is key. I also recommend having a towel or some padding for when the outer door releases and hits the floor.

Once the old dispenser was out, it was easy to see how badly the rails and retaining pegs had worn. Amazing the soap door would latch at all.

My issue was getting the new dispenser back in. It's like the dispenser was fractionally wider than the original. Took quite a bit of muscle, grunting & groaning. Even so, the tabs are just barely engaged. It seems to be tight, but won't know until I run it. Even so, any small leakage will be difficult to detect.

Sorry, but this is pi$$-poor lazy engineering. I expect better from Bosch. :mad:

Regards,

Pete
velodeb  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2017 2:43:30 PM(UTC)
velodeb

Hello,

I realize this is a very old thread, but I am having the same issue with the soap dispenser. Bosch tells me I need Part number: 263088
Part number: 263088
. But when I received it the short side to the right of the soap area is completely open. My original is sealed. My unit seems to have the venting in the side of the tank. There seem to be two parts that are sealed: Part number: 490467
Part number: 490467
and Part number: 488964
Part number: 488964
. What is the difference between them other than double the price? Can I use either one? My dishwasher is Model SHU9915UC/U11 FD8005 . And my original dispenser doesn't look like either of the pictures posted previously by paparola1. It has vents, but is sealed. Can anyone tell me which part will work? So far Bosch has not been helpful.
Gene  
#17 Posted : Saturday, March 25, 2017 10:55:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

The correct part number for the detergent dispenser for your dishwasher is Part number: 490467
Part number: 490467

It is not vented and supposes to work with your model.
velodeb  
#18 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 3:06:59 PM(UTC)
velodeb

Thanks, Gene. Interesting because the match tool on the site says it doesn't work with my model. I still wonder what is the difference between 490467 and 488964?
Gene  
#19 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 3:44:06 PM(UTC)
Gene

You can find this information in the file attached to the first page of this thread. Open it and go to the second page.There are couple Hints on the bottom.