Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AReed  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 2:12:06 PM(UTC)
AReed

Groups: Registered

I took off the front panel to see what is involved with replacement. I can't find any obvious screws or fittings holding in the dispenser. The only thing that even looks remotely like a fastner seems to be plastic clips that would activate if one were to push a new dispenser in from the front of the door, and kind of "snap" it into place. Is this how it is done? or have I just not looked far enough for the screws/fastners? If it really is a snap fit, does it require sealant of some kind in the gasket?
Thanks for your help/advice.

AR
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 4:17:45 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You can find the instructions attached to the reply. If you need the correct part number then post the end of the model number and the serial number (FD...) of the dishwasher.

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Dispenser - Removal and Installation.doc (1,051kb) downloaded 390 time(s).
AReed  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 4:38:54 PM(UTC)
AReed

Gene
Thanks for the helpful info. The full number is bosch shu9915uc/uc11. I would gues that this means it is a vented dispenser, right?

If you could post the part number, I can be sure to get the correct one.

Any tips for getting the unit in properly? Is this really a DYI fix, or should I call a pro? I am pretty handy, but if the downside to a screw-up is a BIG problem, maybe the risk isn't worth it?

Thanks again for the helpful info.

AR
AReed  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 4:50:56 PM(UTC)
AReed

Gene
A quick follow up. The problem with the soap dispenser is that the sliding door of the dipsenser is warped, and keeps coming out of the guide groove. Can the door be replaced separatley? The links showing bosch parts seem to show a separate door part, but most of the research i have done says the whle unit neds to be replaced.
Ant thoughts/comments on this?
If the door is separatly replaceable, How??

thanks again for the help

AR
Gene  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 5:14:37 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
AR,

You were right - the dispenser for the model is vented.

The dispenser door can be replaced separate if the rails in the dispenser body are not damaged. The whole dispenser replacement makes repair more reliable.

If you know how to handle a simple tools then this part should not give you much troubles.

- The dispenser door Part number: AP2802328
Part number: AP2802328

- The dispenser assembly Part number: AP2802340
Part number: AP2802340

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Replacing dispenser doors and springs.doc (404kb) downloaded 142 time(s).
paparola1  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2010 3:27:07 AM(UTC)
paparola1

I have the same dishwasher and the problem with this dispenser. I'm going to replace the whole dispenser for a better reliability.

Can you give detailed instructions for how to remove the outer door to access the dispenser? There are quite a few screws along the sides of the door - so it would be great to know which ones need to be removed and which do not ... I'd like to avoid taking more apart than I need to. :) Thanks.
AReed  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2010 8:30:20 AM(UTC)
AReed

Paparola
I ended up just replacing the sliding door, which was warped. If you have the same issue -- just a warped door, it takes 5 minutes and nothing to remove ( except the old door and the spring).
if this is your problem, the door is readily available -- it cost me $25, and instructions for installing it were posted earlier, i think, in one of gene's repsonses.
If not, give me a way to contact you and I'll give you info on how to get the door, and install. It is really easy -- if just the door.:)
paparola1  
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2010 2:15:58 PM(UTC)
paparola1

AR -

Thanks for your response. This forum is awesome!
My thinking is that I might as well get all new parts (motor, linkages, latch and door) since the whole assembly is only 2x the cost of just the dispenser door.

From this thread and an older one, I think that the dispenser replacement should go pretty smoothly. The last person on the older thread said that he had it done pretty fast after using the information given in the other posts.

BTW I also want to tighten the door handle a bit so I'm assuming that opening the door should give me access to that as well.

Pat
AReed  
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2010 4:09:00 PM(UTC)
AReed

Good luck withit!

I can't help you with the door tightening, but generally if you are a handy DIY-er, most of these things are pretty straight forward.

The only thing that discouraged be from replacing the whole unit was( is) the confusion over the venting. Mine is one of those rare exceptions that was idiffferent than the model number suggested ( I think!) and replacing the failed sliding door was a whole lot easier than messing around with vented/unvented and waiting for parts, because inevitably, which ever one i got, i would have needed the other one!\
Hope it works for you.

AR
paparola1  
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2010 6:23:40 PM(UTC)
paparola1

Outer door removal removal requires the removal of the three short side screws on each side. And the long screws from each corner of the door. Do not remove the two screws along the top nearest to the latch.

Dispenser removal was very simple using a small screw driver to lift the metal fin next to each tab on the dispenser housing. Small brads were inserted at each tab to keep the fin from reengaging the tab. The dispenser pushed right out of the door when all the brads were in position. New dispenser simply pushed in and reengaged the metal fins - locking the dispenser into place when pressed firmly from the inside of the inner door. Only took a couple of minutes to make the swap.

I bought both the vented dispenser called out on the SHU9915UC/11 part list and the not vented dispenser for the SHU9915UC/12. My model is the SHU9915UC/U11 unit and it has the vent on the right hand side of the tank but two different online parts store representatives insisted that this model requires the vented dispenser. The photos posted by the parts stores do not show the difference between the vented and not vented vesions.

After inspecting both dispensers, I can say conclusively that the SHU9915UC/U11 uses the not vented dispenser. I'll be returning the vented one for a refund.

Its actuall very easy to tell them apart, and you don't have to take the door apart to do it. You just have to know what to look for. The photos below show the difference.

Pat
paparola1 attached the following image(s):
Dispenser vented.jpg
Dispenser not vented.jpg
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply