Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SCO300  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 1:16:14 PM(UTC)
SCO300

Groups: Registered

I just replaced a torn seal boot without much trouble on our washer. The original leak is gone, but now there's water streaming down the front of the washer from the center of the door. Its definitely catching on the bottom lip of the new boot. There is slight play with the hinges on the door, but even lifting up doesn't garauntee a seal. I did disassemble the front of the washer again to make sure everything lined up/was square. I don't feel/see anything out if wack.

Is it possible something is still out of line? If not, should I be looking at the door or elsewhere?

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 8:24:30 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

1)Did yours have the drain hose from the seal back into the tub? They are a pain and placement of the clamp ends can affect the life of the seal
2)Check that you got every little lug on the front lip of the seal into the corresponding spot in the plastic frame. Many people miss this and it will not seal without proper alignment.
3) Pull the front panel off, leaving the door hanging. Lift the door into the lock mechanism and run it. Look for the leak.
SCO300  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 5, 2017 8:29:14 AM(UTC)
SCO300

Thanks for the response. Meant to respond sooner. My apologies.

1) Yes, mine has the drain. My placement resembles the previous install.

2) I made sure when I installed it that each of those lugs had popped in place. Felt the backside of the facing to confirm they were all sitting in their slots.

3) What I'm getting is water trickling off the base of the door. Some of it is falling onto the floor plate inside the washer, but there doesn't appear to be any water leaking from inside. The tub is dry. The drain is dry. The underside of the boot is also dry. Once I open the door, it's clear the leak is between the door and the boot. The front of the boot is wet, and the inside of the door, below where the door seals to the washer, is also wet.

Hopefully that helps. And thanks again.
PNWDrew  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 7:39:35 AM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Okay then there are few options.
First make sure that the glass of the door is absolutely clean where it contacts the rubber edge of the door seal. A very small amount of hair or lint there can cause a slow leak.

Another possibility is that the door hinge itself is bad. This is relatively common on these machines. The hinge has a dual action movement; and if it jams it does not shut properly. Look for evidence of contact between the him side of the door and the frame. If the hinge has seemed stiff or otherwise odd that is probably what's going on
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply