Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sunshine45356  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:35:36 AM(UTC)
sunshine45356

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: JST Go to Quoted Post
All four stove top burners work but the oven touchpad does not work. No errors displayed, clock is working but can not set the time. Reset the power with no change.

I cant believe it! I finally found someone who is having the exact same problem as me. My stove is doing the same thing. My husband replaced the entire control panel and we still have the same problem. What does that say? all 4 burners work fine. Clock blinks intermittently can get to the funtion SF by pressing broil and bake simultaneously. can correct time on clock but it never stays. after a while it starts blinking again. If I try to use the oven it starts blinking PRE and clicking immediatley. after about a minute of that the control pad shuts down completely. Help please! this stove was 1 week out of warranty when this occurred. so of course they wont fix it.:( by the way I just noticed that the other person has a jenn air. MINE IS A GE MODEL JBP70BOK4BB
Gene  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:04:54 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sunshine45356 Go to Quoted Post
...My husband replaced the entire control panel and we still have the same problem....

Did you mean the control board? What is the part number?

If yes, did he replace the faceplate as well?

Quote:
...can correct time on clock but it never stays. after a while it starts blinking again...

Did you push the Start button after the time set up?

Gene.
sunshine45356  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:58:38 PM(UTC)
sunshine45356

yes I meant the control board. sorry ...woman here;) . yes..I did push the start button after resetting the clock. several times. have reset at the circuit breaker several times and no change. The faceplate is just a plastic stick on. so we just removed it and put it on the new one. Remember this is a GE. When I push BAKE it goes to 350' PRE like normal then after about a minute it starts blinking and clicking and then it shuts off the panel completely.
Gene  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2010 5:09:53 PM(UTC)
Gene

Sounds like the Start button does not work. Make sure the faceplate is properly aligned with the buttons on the control board.

Gene.
sunshine45356  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 5:24:38 AM(UTC)
sunshine45356

hmmm...that makes alot of sense actually!! I know the faceplate is aligned so how can he fix the start button? very interesting...I hope your right and I really appreciate you taking time to help us. but wait...we replaced the entire control panel...wouldnt that killl the start button idea? after we replaced it , it still didnt work so we put the old one back on and sent the new one back for a refund, it did exactly the same thing?
Gene  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 12:01:59 PM(UTC)
Gene

It sounds very strange. At this point it comes to guessing because of impossible remote diagnosis. You probably need to hire a pro.

Gene.
Iramark1952  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 8:43:04 AM(UTC)
Iramark1952

Thanks for the help. Solved problem
Sadee  
#18 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2015 8:43:14 AM(UTC)
Sadee

I had the same issue. poured over many, many websites. I finally just flipped the corresponding circuit at the circuit breaker to off for 10 minutes. Flipped it back on and everything is working again! Saved a service call and a $500 price tag for a new touch panel. Hope this helps everyone! :)
Sadee  
#19 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2015 8:46:10 AM(UTC)
Sadee

UserPostedImage touch pad not working, clock is working
I had the same issue. poured over many, many websites. I finally just flipped the corresponding circuit at the circuit breaker to off for 10 minutes. Flipped it back on and everything is working again! Saved a service call and a $500 price tag for a new touch panel. Hope this helps everyone! :)
MNichols  
#20 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 5:34:49 PM(UTC)
MNichols

Yes, same happened to me after cleaning. Service repair cost me $90 and quoted me $500 to fix so suggested buying a new range since it was 8 years old. After a month of dragging my feet, our power went out in a storm. When it came back on, I was able to reset the clock and set the oven! Try resetting your fuse box. Hope it works!