Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Angel45005  
#21 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2016 4:19:24 PM(UTC)
Angel45005

Groups: Registered

Ok thanks Joe. So this was only a temporary fix huh? Darn it!!
But at least it gives me a few days to order the part. Thanks!
Joe / APP Team  
#22 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 5:12:12 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Angel45005 Go to Quoted Post
Ok thanks Joe. So this was only a temporary fix huh? Darn it!!
But at least it gives me a few days to order the part. Thanks!

Angel, Yes, it's only a temporary repair. It'll happen again and soon(usually). Make sure you read and understand the instructions that come with the kit. Also use plenty of lubricant on the cam and center hub of the drive pulley, and you'll be good for quite a while.
Angel45005  
#23 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2016 4:30:09 AM(UTC)
Angel45005

Groups: Registered

Hey Joe, wanted to let you know that the washer tub is still turning..but, even with that the clothes are still a tad to wet and is taking forever to dry. So, I think ill fix my other washer. Its a whirlpool and it just started shaking and violently vibrating. From what I read it's probably the suspension rods. Too darn bad the ones from the maytag wouldnt fit. Anyway, im going to remove the old rods before I buy them, is there any way I can know they are bad by inspection?
Joe / APP Team  
#24 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 5:41:11 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Angel45005 Go to Quoted Post
Hey Joe, wanted to let you know that the washer tub is still turning..but, even with that the clothes are still a tad to wet and is taking forever to dry. So, I think ill fix my other washer. Its a whirlpool and it just started shaking and violently vibrating. From what I read it's probably the suspension rods. Too darn bad the ones from the maytag wouldnt fit. Anyway, im going to remove the old rods before I buy them, is there any way I can know they are bad by inspection?

Angel, Apparently you have a "Cabrio" washer. So you want to look at the rods themselves, make sure they're not bent or distorted in any way. Check the spring tension and make sure the springs look OK. Check, clean and lubricate the "ball joints" at the top of the frame assembly and the mounts at the bottom of the outer tub. Also make sure you have the washer leveled in both directions(front to back and side to side). Then we can go from there if there are any other issues.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply