Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
czechaman  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:13:52 PM(UTC)
czechaman

Groups: Registered

News, I replaced the motor which had a thermistol connected to it. Also, the new circuit board was installed easily. (6 hours ;)
The temp plummeted to 10 below zero after 3 hours, then started climbing upward after. Now it is 10 degrees above zero!!
What is going on!! please assist!
richappy  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:13:44 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Did you follow the directions with the new board and clip the thermistor wire going to the board?
czechaman  
#23 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 5:22:26 AM(UTC)
czechaman

Originally Posted by: smithwatson Go to Quoted Post
Great information. Thanks for sharing. One question to ask, Can one repair the motors and motherboards at home without seeking any professional help from Heating repair professionals and HVAC certified professionals?

I did it all by myself, and youtube, and constant prayer. I did not know if I was going to get it all back together or not. But yes it was done with mentioned above and about 5 minute conversation with the man I bought the motor from.
God Bless.
mikebrassil  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:12:41 AM(UTC)
mikebrassil

I think a lot of times the DIY'ers are not given enough credit. Got to remember a lot of DIY'ers maybe in similar trades as us and are able to read and understand our diagrams just fine and for the ones who can't we are more then happy to help.

Our appliance repair forum is a community of both tradesman and DIY'ers, people helping people.
Precis  
#25 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:30:11 AM(UTC)
Precis

Is this info only for GE, or are there any other nameplates that it is relevant for?
ssauer40  
#26 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 6:05:49 PM(UTC)
ssauer40

Boy, my evaporator coil was all iced up too, replace the heater element and thermostat, ended up being the motherboard. It was controlled electronically. All working fine now.
Dean Haustead  
#27 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 10:24:36 PM(UTC)
Dean Haustead

If anybody has re-oiled a motor and found it did not harm the board, please let me identify. I have ample of used board and will use one the after that time I see a breakdown, but without a test process am unwilling to use a used motor in a customer's fridge. Imagine a present check of the winding attainment the square wave might be a high-quality test.
Dean Haustead  
#28 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 10:32:40 PM(UTC)
Dean Haustead

When my refrigerator do not work very well then I contact my dealer and they replacing my GE refrigerator evaporator motors and motherboards.
Dean Haustead  
#29 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2016 9:25:48 PM(UTC)
Dean Haustead

GE started creation electronic refrigerators, which have one motherboard that controls all functions of the refrigerator. The motherboard controls all so, hypothetically everything that fails on a GE electronic refrigerator can be cause by the motherboard. The deception is to decide if the trouble is the board or a little else. With the cost of these boards there is no require to replace one unnecessarily. Under are some symptoms that are usually caused by a faulty motherboard on these type of refrigerators.
Dean Haustead  
#30 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2016 9:26:19 PM(UTC)
Dean Haustead

GE started creation electronic refrigerators, which have one motherboard that controls all functions of the refrigerator. The motherboard controls all so, hypothetically everything that fails on a GE electronic refrigerator can be cause by the motherboard. The deception is to decide if the trouble is the board or a little else. With the cost of these boards there is no require to replace one unnecessarily. Under are some symptoms that are usually caused by a faulty motherboard on these type of refrigerators.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply