Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dishdr  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 7:50:35 AM(UTC)
dishdr

Groups: Registered

I am working on a DW that won't wash. It fills and seems to go into the wash cycle, but motor doesn't run. It does also drain out. I removed the motor to find that the impeller had spun off and was wedged inside housing. After reassembling, still won't run. I found the fuse that is soldered onto the electronic control board was blown. For diagnosis purposes, I jumped across it. With the motor connector unhooked, I have 117v at board pins. When I connect wires, voltage at pins drops to 87v. Motor still doesn't run. Could the motor if bad be dragging the volts down, or is the ECB bad. I have direct wired the motor and it does run. Any thoughts. Thank you for any input.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.