Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cantbe03  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 10:15:33 PM(UTC)
Cantbe03

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher stopped heating a few weeks back. I checked and the heating element had a dark spot that was cracked. So I replaced the element. That didn't fix the problem. I thought maybe the replacement part I got was bad, so I tried another new heating element with no luck. I then replaced the high temp thermostat even though tests on it came back good. That didn't fix the problem. Rusty I checked the ohms for the fuse and im not getting a reading. The service manual says a reading below 3 ohms means it's good. If the reading is over 3 ohms, to replace the board.

I am lost now. What else can I check to get this dishwasher fixed? I've replaced most heating parts. Please help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

lsukevinc  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2016 6:47:59 AM(UTC)
lsukevinc

Originally Posted by: Cantbe03 Go to Quoted Post
My dishwasher stopped heating a few weeks back. I checked and the heating element had a dark spot that was cracked. So I replaced the element. That didn't fix the problem. I thought maybe the replacement part I got was bad, so I tried another new heating element with no luck. I then replaced the high temp thermostat even though tests on it came back good. That didn't fix the problem. Rusty I checked the ohms for the fuse and im not getting a reading. The service manual says a reading below 3 ohms means it's good. If the reading is over 3 ohms, to replace the board.

I am lost now. What else can I check to get this dishwasher fixed? I've replaced most heating parts. Please help!

I have having the exact issue with a WDT710PAYM2. Replaced the heating element and no luck. What is the next step?
Cantbe03  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2016 6:37:05 PM(UTC)
Cantbe03

Sadly I think I have to replace the main board. I've checked the fuse. But I can't replace just a fuse, it is built in. I have to replace the whole board. Flawed design!
lsukevinc  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 4:05:36 AM(UTC)
lsukevinc

Originally Posted by: Cantbe03 Go to Quoted Post
Sadly I think I have to replace the main board. I've checked the fuse. But I can't replace just a fuse, it is built in. I have to replace the whole board. Flawed design!

It look 3 different control boards, but it is finally heating up now.?