Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

25 Pages«<1920212223>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cyberjones98  
#201 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 7:20:36 PM(UTC)
cyberjones98

Groups: Registered

I don't seem to have it now, but there are procedures to test the shock sensors in the service manual.
cartman  
#202 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 9:25:38 AM(UTC)
cartman

Originally Posted by: cyberjones98 Go to Quoted Post
I don't seem to have it now, but there are procedures to test the shock sensors in the service manual.

Ok, I found in the service manual where to check. When I get into the service mode, and pull the tub towards me and to the left (southwest), it has to move almost to the limit before it registers as out of balance. But when I push it away and to the right (northeast), it trips the out of balance much sooner.
becikeja  
#203 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2015 7:00:25 AM(UTC)
becikeja

Back in December, I followed the advice of this thread, pulled the pulley put it all back together and it has worked perfect until this week. Now when it is in the Wash cycle it stalls every 30 seconds. but during the 30 second period that it is running everything is working fine. On 30 seconds then off 30 seconds. It will do this all the way until about the 12 min mark and then gives an unbalanced load error. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Update: I pulled the clutch pulley and opened it up. The metal pin at the end of the spring had slipped out and the spring double backed on itself. I straightened out the spring and used JB-Weld to fasten the pin in place. Works as good as new. A week of heavy use has passed and no more problems
dh1200s  
#204 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2015 7:51:40 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

I would pull the Clutch Pulley inspect and clean up One-Way bearing in the Clutch Pulley hub. When you installed the new Clutch Pulley did you re-lube before install?

From this first information my thought is wash water is contaminating the One-Way bearing in the Clutch Pulley. If that is the case and I believe it may be see this post if plan to keep the machine. http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/washer-repair/167669-fav6800a-fav9800a-outer-tub-bearing-replacement.html
cartman  
#205 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:36:11 AM(UTC)
cartman

Not sure if I've fixed it or not, but since I went into maintenance mode and did the out of balance check, I haven't had the out of balance message pop up at the 11/12 minute mark anymore. I've run 8 or 9 loads through since then, and all have finished on their own. I wonder if that check reset something.
scott8659  
#206 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 9:05:57 AM(UTC)
scott8659

I have been getting the out of balance error as well. I followed the instructions posted here but ran into a snag. When I tried to get the bottom nut off the clutch assembly I couldn't keep the assembly from spinning. It doesn't appear that I am strong enough to hold it with one hand and loosen the nut with the other. Is there a way to lock the hub in place?
dh1200s  
#207 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 12:36:51 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Originally Posted by: scott8659 Go to Quoted Post
I have been getting the out of balance error as well. I followed the instructions posted here but ran into a snag. When I tried to get the bottom nut off the clutch assembly I couldn't keep the assembly from spinning. It doesn't appear that I am strong enough to hold it with one hand and loosen the nut with the other. Is there a way to lock the hub in place?

Hello,

I know of no way to lock the Clutch Pulley. As you can see it&#8217;s a tight fit to get a 3/8&#8221; socket an driver on that 3/8&#8221; bolt and hold the Clutch Pulley with one hand and back that bolt out.

It&#8216;s standard thread be careful you don&#8217;t shear that bolt off.

At this date FAV6800A LED console or 9800A LCD console machines are far beyond their service life due to Tub Seal failure. The link below is for support for an Outer Tub rebuild to replace Outer Tub Seal and all bearings.

See this thread FAV6800A/FAV9800A Outer Tub bearing replacement This is the Outer Tub rebuild thread started a while back.

Are you the original owner? If so has any previous work be done on the machine drive system such as a Clutch Pulley replacement?

Is there wash water collecting on the Clutch Pulley?

I&#8217;ll be around to help sometimes slow to answer&#8230;&#8230;Dick
JPSeuropa  
#208 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2016 8:37:55 PM(UTC)
JPSeuropa

OK, time for me to pile in on this one.
My series 12 FAV6800AWW is starting to drive me nuts. It has been acting up lately... repeating cycles randomly...making lots of bearing noise, but still useable. Sometimes you would have to turn the water off to get it to spin cycle. Anyway, I came on this thread as it has gotten to the point that it is annoying and I am (was) confident of being able to handle it. So, I ordered new tub bearings and seals. I inspected my clutch and it looks like new and functions as it is supposed to. The seals did leak, but the water did not get as far as the clutch. I replaced the bearings today and reassembled the machine. I did a "quick wash" in service mode and it failed to get up to speed in spin. It gave a dc error even though there are no clothes in it. I then checked the out of balance sensor, it gave the correct readouts when I performed the test. When I give it the spin test, it only gets to 480RPM per the readout, then it tries to rebalance, then tries again. It never gets past 480. The bearings are free. The tub spins very easily CCW. I put tape markers on the tumblers and they are not moving during spin cycle so that rules out the clutch. I even pulled the clutch out again, cleaned it very carefully (again), relubed and checked (again) to make sure it is not slipping (its not).
Any thoughts? I plan to look at the motor controller tomorrow.
Thanks,
Paul
dh1200s  
#209 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2016 2:26:26 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Hey Paul,

Sounds like you did a great job replacing the Tub Seal/Outer Tub bearings. How free is the wash basket rotation? If you spin up by hand as fast as you can will it coast down to a stop with several rotations.

Wonder if the 1.75&#8221; Spinner Support Shaft nut that you torque down was producing some drive system binding/resistance. The SM states &#8220;Spinner Support Shaft Nut 64-80 ft. lbs.&#8221;. I WAG that I have no torque wrench.

Does your machine use the One-Way bearing ring above the Clutch Pulley? If you used two 6207-2RS bearings in your Outer Tub rebuild that answers that question.

If your machine has that One-Way bearing ring did you clean and re-lube? I use no grease I prefer to clean and re-lube with WD-40. I get long trouble free service with that type of re-lube. Did you clean re-lube One-Way bearing in Clutch Pulley and the Upper Bearing ring if used?

No sag in the front Struts from your troubleshooting as the TDS feeds back correct results with TDS sensor checks. Check that 3 pin connection at the TDS sensor to the Control Board for corrosion. Bleach dispenser in that corner is nasty for that connection point as well as contacts in the Right Hand Lid Lock.

Scratching my head, not sure what the fail point/issue could be is at this point of troubleshooting.

Your machine spun up to max RPM prior to rebuild?

Dick
JPSeuropa  
#210 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2016 4:41:09 AM(UTC)
JPSeuropa

The machine would not always reach max RPM prior to rebuild, although sometimes it would. Of course it sounded like a fighter jet taking off. When it failed to reach max RPM, it would repeat cycles. I did use a torque wrench...I have them in several sizes. The unit was rebuilt using one 6207RS as the upper bearing and a new one way bearing in the lower. It spins very freely and will go around 3 or 4 times with a simple toss CCW. It does not budge in the slightest in the CW direction. I did clean the clutch completely and relubed with a thin chain lube. I dont usually use WD-40 as a lubricant as it is more solvent than lube and tends to dry out. The clutch looks new and functions normally. I will check the balance sensor connection, but with normal readings I doubt that is the issue.
I will be back at this thing later today after doing some actual work.