Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

25 Pages«<2122232425>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thorning  
#221 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 10:46:23 AM(UTC)
thorning

Groups: Registered

Yes sometimes it is time to pull the plug. Congratulations but if it gives you any more problems give it to a junk dealer !!!
dh1200s  
#222 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 2:26:26 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Yes well done JPSeuropa!

Dick
Steegosg  
#223 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2016 11:33:21 AM(UTC)
Steegosg

So I have the classic clutch issue with my neptune tl fav6800 I took out the 3/8 bolt on the bottom of the clutch pully but cant get the pully to release any help is appreciated. Thanks steve g
JPSeuropa  
#224 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2016 12:06:53 PM(UTC)
JPSeuropa

Originally Posted by: Steegosg Go to Quoted Post
So I have the classic clutch issue with my neptune tl fav6800 I took out the 3/8 bolt on the bottom of the clutch pully but cant get the pully to release any help is appreciated. Thanks steve g

I assume you have the belt off too. I dont know if you have given yourself lots of access to the bottom of the tub, but you might have to in order to use the usual methods of persuasion to get it to pop off.
Be persistent!
Steegosg  
#225 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 5:07:48 PM(UTC)
Steegosg

Just removed tub assembly, flipped it over and still cannot get the clutch to break loose even after soaking with pb blaster.my serial number starts with 15.do all clutches on these models just pop off the same way?
JPSeuropa  
#226 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 7:21:29 AM(UTC)
JPSeuropa

As I recall, it is a tapered shaft. With the tub upside down, thread the screw partially back in, while applying some upward pressure to the clutch, tap...not smash...we don't want to damage threads..., the screw to break the taper loose.
Steegosg  
#227 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 2:43:18 PM(UTC)
Steegosg

Ok so I tried a 3 jaw puller on the clutch and still wont budge. Does the spanner nut on the shaft under the pulley have anything to do with it? I really appreciate the help
JPSeuropa  
#228 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2016 6:53:39 AM(UTC)
JPSeuropa

Is it rusted on? Do you plan to buy a new clutch anyway?...if so, bring to bear the implements of destruction.
If you have rust, you will have to replace seals and possibly bearings.
Good Luck
thorning  
#229 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2016 8:13:42 AM(UTC)
thorning

Originally Posted by: JPSeuropa Go to Quoted Post
Is it rusted on? Do you plan to buy a new clutch anyway?...if so, bring to bear the implements of destruction.
If you have rust, you will have to replace seals and possibly bearings.
Good Luck

I am not an expert but if the pulley is aluminum you might be able to use a heat lamp to warm the area up around the hub section while continuing to apply pressure from a puller . If it is steel you can possibly use a torch to apply heat to the hub area while the puller is applying force. Use care either way if you intend to try and reuse this pulley.
champ837  
#230 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2016 3:27:08 AM(UTC)
champ837

This my first post to this forum. Yesterday, I removed the pulley from my 8 year old, Ser# (16xxxxx) and it just slid off after removing the belt then the bolt in the center of the clutch.
I'm a believer in PB Blaster and heat when things are stuck. Try more PB. It actually causes a chemical reaction that will loosen it. If that still doesn't work use heat on the shaft area. Then, as someone else said, if it won't come off "it's time for the brute force".
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply