Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<6789>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
caroljw58  
#71 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 3:46:04 PM(UTC)
caroljw58

Groups: Registered

I replaced the start relay and the overload and it is still clicking, the compressor starts and then shuts off in about a minute and it is getting hot then it clicks again and the compressor comes on and then off again....is there something I am missing? the fan in the back is coming on the freezer fan is working,,,,is it the compressor bad I don't have a meter to check it...any other ideas?

Carol
denman  
#72 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 2:40:09 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Yes, the compressor is bad.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Bram T  
#73 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 11:59:41 AM(UTC)
Bram T

Ok, I have replaced the overload and start relay and I have checked the defrost timer and it is running. I'm get the clicking sound but its still not cooling. The compressor is not shorted and it gets hot to the touch after 10 minutes. The coil fan turns on but the fan inside the freezer does not. What can I do next.
denman  
#74 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 4:09:02 AM(UTC)
denman

Bram T

It would probably be best if you start your own post/thread is the refrigerator using Post New Topic.
Be sure to include the make and model.

Since the start device and overload are new but the compressor will not start I would say that the compressor is bad.

Just because the coils are not grounded and they have continuity does not mean that the compressor is good as it may have internal mechanical problems.
Marymg  
#75 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2015 4:56:07 PM(UTC)
Marymg

Originally Posted by: Andreyvol Go to Quoted Post
Here is the description of my problem. Please tell me if you can determine the root cause based on the below. Your help is very appreciated

Refrigerator stopped cooling completely. The light is on when the door is open and I can hear the fan in the freezer running. I performed the following steps and below are my observations:

Turned the temperature control all the way to the left to turn off
- Fan stopped

After a while, I turned the temperature control on
- Fan starts immediately
- After a few seconds (10-30 seconds) I hear a click from outside back of the refrigerator. I am assuming some sort of relay
- the compressor does not start, however
- I continue to hear fan working continuously, but compressor does not seem to run
- After a while compressor gets hot (I can still hold my hand on it without burning but it is pretty hot)

Turned the temperature control all the way to the left to turn off again
- Fan stopped immediately
- After a few minutes (1-3 minutes) I hear the same click as before.

My husband passed away suddenly in August. Everything appliance etc..has had problems. Well now its my refridgerator we purched less than 2 years ago new.
What was mentioned in quote is exactly what mine is doing. I know I can do this, but my husband took care of things like this. Can someone guide me please? Thank you!
Mary
denman  
#76 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2015 1:27:02 AM(UTC)
denman

Mary

Please start a thread of your own using the Post New Topic.
Adding to this rather long thread will most likely just confuse things.

Be sure to include the make and model with a description of the problem.
Find your model number - AppliancePartsPros.com
luck11  
#77 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 7:36:45 PM(UTC)
luck11

The freezer on our 14 year old Maytag refridgerator stopped working. Fridge is not bad, but now have it on high to keep it cool. Freezer is freezing, just cold...likely from items that are frozen maintaining temp. First clue was a popsicle that had melted liquid.

Cleaned everything and took off back panel. Fan next to compressor is working, but I hear zip from the compressor. Compressor is extremely hot to touch.

I unplugged for about 1 hr, re-plugged, and still nothing.

i saw the 2nd post about testing pins for resistance to see if relay or compressor issue, but can't seem to figure out which pins I should be testing on my particular fridge.

Can anyone help? Pic reference would be great if possible.
Sariahd  
#78 Posted : Sunday, June 18, 2017 2:59:47 PM(UTC)
Sariahd

My mini fridge is not working after defrosting. I have a mechanical adjustable thermostat. Compressor is super hot to the touch! Can't put your finger on it for more than a second. I hear a click noise every 10-15min coming from the back. The fridge doesn't get cold at all.

Looking for help badly!
#79 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 10:17:54 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have GE side by side Monogram Model ZISB42DYB, refrigerator and freezer.
1. I replaced the broken bracket that holds the primary fan (condenser fan) which runs normal. This was changed as the fan was making noise, after replacing bracket same fan operates normally.
2. I did not notice the cooling was low on both freezer and fresh food side until recently, but I think this was a problem for a few weeks.
3. The condenser starts and seems to run as expected, as well the evaporator fan runs in the freezer.
PROBLEM-the freezer and refrigerator both cool down at level 7 on control normal is 5, but neither seems to hold temperature once food or liquidate is stored.
1. The Compressor and both fans functional. The cooling radiator is clean.
2. The problem is the main refrigerator at level reaches +33 degrees F, and the freezer can reach 0 degrees F, but with a few bottles of vodka and full ice load the freezer temperature creeps up to 16-20 Degrees F within 1 hour, maybe 30 F if fully loaded as I have not recently tested it will full load.
3. The refrigerator fresh food side is not loaded much as of now, so I am not sure with full load if this will move up past 45 to 50 degrees F.
4. The Freezer side frame at the gasket is very hot, IR measurement up to 100 Degrees F at the top and sides and down to 60 Degrees F on bottom. The Fresh food section gasket frame is normal temperature.
Questions:
1. I wonder if freon is low and main cause of problem as other components seem to operate?
2. I know there is a control card somewhere in the refrig, but not sure if there is way to diagnosis problems as I do not have test kit?
#80 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 10:19:16 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have GE side by side Monogram Model ZISB42DYB, refrigerator and freezer.
1. I replaced the broken bracket that holds the primary fan (condenser fan) which runs normal. This was changed as the fan was making noise, after replacing bracket same fan operates normally.
2. I did not notice the cooling was low on both freezer and fresh food side until recently, but I think this was a problem for a few weeks.
3. The condenser starts and seems to run as expected, as well the evaporator fan runs in the freezer.
PROBLEM-the freezer and refrigerator both cool down at level 7 on control normal is 5, but neither seems to hold temperature once food or liquidate is stored.
1. The Compressor and both fans functional. The cooling radiator is clean.
2. The problem is the main refrigerator at level reaches +33 degrees F, and the freezer can reach 0 degrees F, but with a few bottles of vodka and full ice load the freezer temperature creeps up to 16-20 Degrees F within 1 hour, maybe 30 F if fully loaded as I have not recently tested it will full load.
3. The refrigerator fresh food side is not loaded much as of now, so I am not sure with full load if this will move up past 45 to 50 degrees F.
4. The Freezer side frame at the gasket is very hot, IR measurement up to 100 Degrees F at the top and sides and down to 60 Degrees F on bottom. The Fresh food section gasket frame is normal temperature.
Questions:
1. I wonder if freon is low and main cause of problem as other components seem to operate?
2. I know there is a control card somewhere in the refrig, but not sure if there is way to diagnosis problems as I do not have test kit?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply