Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<789
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#81 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 10:39:50 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have GE side by side Monogram Model ZISB42DYB, refrigerator and freezer.
1. I replaced the broken bracket that holds the primary fan (condenser fan) which runs normal. This was changed as the fan was making noise, after replacing bracket same fan operates normally.
2. I did not notice the cooling was low on both freezer and fresh food side until recently, but I think this was a problem for a few weeks.
3. The condenser starts and seems to run as expected, as well the evaporator fan runs in the freezer.
PROBLEM-the freezer and refrigerator both cool down at level 7 on control normal is 5, but neither seems to hold temperature once food or liquidate is stored.
1. The Compressor and both fans functional. The cooling radiator is clean.
2. The problem is the main refrigerator at level reaches +33 degrees F, and the freezer can reach 0 degrees F, but with a few bottles of vodka and full ice load the freezer temperature creeps up to 16-20 Degrees F within 1 hour, maybe 30 F if fully loaded as I have not recently tested it will full load.
3. The refrigerator fresh food side is not loaded much as of now, so I am not sure with full load if this will move up past 45 to 50 degrees F.
4. The Freezer side frame at the gasket is very hot, IR measurement up to 100 Degrees F at the top and sides and down to 60 Degrees F on bottom. The Fresh food section gasket frame is normal temperature.
Questions:
1. I wonder if freon is low and main cause of problem as other components seem to operate?
2. I know there is a control card somewhere in the refrig, but not sure if there is way to diagnosis problems as I do not have test kit?
#82 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 10:41:05 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have GE side by side Monogram Model ZISB42DYB, refrigerator and freezer.
1. I replaced the broken bracket that holds the primary fan (condenser fan) which runs normal. This was changed as the fan was making noise, after replacing bracket same fan operates normally.
2. I did not notice the cooling was low on both freezer and fresh food side until recently, but I think this was a problem for a few weeks.
3. The condenser starts and seems to run as expected, as well the evaporator fan runs in the freezer.
PROBLEM-the freezer and refrigerator both cool down at level 7 on control normal is 5, but neither seems to hold temperature once food or liquidate is stored.
1. The Compressor and both fans functional. The cooling radiator is clean.
2. The problem is the main refrigerator at level reaches +33 degrees F, and the freezer can reach 0 degrees F, but with a few bottles of vodka and full ice load the freezer temperature creeps up to 16-20 Degrees F within 1 hour, maybe 30 F if fully loaded as I have not recently tested it will full load.
3. The refrigerator fresh food side is not loaded much as of now, so I am not sure with full load if this will move up past 45 to 50 degrees F.
4. The Freezer side frame at the gasket is very hot, IR measurement up to 100 Degrees F at the top and sides and down to 60 Degrees F on bottom. The Fresh food section gasket frame is normal temperature.
Questions:
1. I wonder if freon is low and main cause of problem as other components seem to operate?
2. I know there is a control card somewhere in the refrig, but not sure if there is way to diagnosis problems as I do not have test kit?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply