Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bethhans  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2007 9:47:19 AM(UTC)
bethhans

Groups: Registered

[FONT="Tahoma"][/FONT]
I've got a Frigidaire 'fridge only' that has occasionally had water on the floor in front of it. It's about 16 months old. It has happened maybe 3 time over the past 6 months.(I also have a Frigidaire freezer beside it). Other than this, the fridge seems to be working ok. No funny noises, smells, anything. What should I suspect with this water appearing?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kawfeeman  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2007 1:34:40 PM(UTC)
kawfeeman

Groups: Senior Expert

any water under crispers in refrige ?
bethhans  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2007 8:31:58 AM(UTC)
bethhans

none.-just under the fridge on the floor.
kawfeeman  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2007 5:41:34 AM(UTC)
kawfeeman

Groups: Senior Expert

icemaker and dispenser work ? since unit is < 1year old , you could call factory service ?
wkeicher  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:11:39 AM(UTC)
wkeicher

I have the Frigidaire FRS20ZRG. I get a huge collection of Ice at the bottom of the freezer and water leaks to the floor. Origianlly the Ice maker wasn't working. I replaced the valves in the back and Ice nd water are working fine. I can't for the life of me identify where the build up is coming from. The unit is a side by side.
FixingIt  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2008 11:04:51 AM(UTC)
FixingIt

Originally Posted by: wkeicher Go to Quoted Post
I have the Frigidaire FRS20ZRG. I get a huge collection of Ice at the bottom of the freezer and water leaks to the floor. Origianlly the Ice maker wasn't working. I replaced the valves in the back and Ice nd water are working fine. I can't for the life of me identify where the build up is coming from. The unit is a side by side.

Wkeicher, I have a similar problem. I have a Frigidaire FRS24ZSG side by side. I have a collection of water under my fridge. The bottom of the freezer has ice on it also. It seems to leaking from the freezer side door. I have not replaced anything, but I am curious as to why this is happening. Is this a valve problem? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Gene  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2008 11:37:02 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Most likely the problem with your fridge caused by the clogged and/or the frozen drain.

Remove the back panel in the freezer and, using a hair dryer, defrost the drain under the evaporator coil.

Using a hot water, make sure it goes through. Also, remove the cover on the back of the fridge and make sure the other end of the drain hose is open.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Frigidaire refrigerator Model FRS24ZSGB0

Gene.
FixingIt  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2008 1:57:05 PM(UTC)
FixingIt

That was it. Thanks Gene.
I now have anew problem with the fridge. The water/ice dispenser does not operate. No lights. No water. No ice. It seems electrical, but not sure where it is. Is there a breaker perhaps?
jodi1954  
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 9:54:13 AM(UTC)
jodi1954

Originally Posted by: bethhans Go to Quoted Post
[FONT="Tahoma"][/FONT]
I've got a Frigidaire 'fridge only' that has occasionally had water on the floor in front of it. It's about 16 months old. It has happened maybe 3 time over the past 6 months.(I also have a Frigidaire freezer beside it). Other than this, the fridge seems to be working ok. No funny noises, smells, anything. What should I suspect with this water appearing?

Did you find out what the problem is? And how did it get fixed. THanks
txdude  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 4:30:58 AM(UTC)
txdude

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Most likely the problem with your fridge caused by the clogged and/or the frozen drain.

Remove the back panel in the freezer and, using a hair dryer, defrost the drain under the evaporator coil.

Using a hot water, make sure it goes through. Also, remove the cover on the back of the fridge and make sure the other end of the drain hose is open.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Frigidaire refrigerator Model FRS24ZSGB0

Gene.

I have a similar side by side Frigidaire with the ice buildup at the bottom of the freezer side that leaks onto the floor every 24-36 hours. I have tried defrosting and using the hair drier to melt the ice chunk in the back and it only delays the amount of time until it leaks again. I suspect a valve in the ice maker section is leaking water that spills down the back but not sure. Any ideas for this one? The amount of water seems to be too much for the evaporator pan to handle.

:confused: