Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:31:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: txdude Go to Quoted Post
1.I have tried defrosting and using the hair drier to melt the ice chunk in the back and it only delays the amount of time until it leaks again.

2. I suspect a valve in the ice maker section is leaking water that spills down the back but not sure.

1. Had you ran hot water through the drain to make sure it goes through after the ice chunk had been removed?

2. If the ice maker or its valve is the problem then there suppose to be an ice chunk or at least some icicles.

Gene.
txdude  
#12 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2009 10:41:21 AM(UTC)
txdude

Groups: Registered

I just took the back freezer panel off exposing the coil and cleared the ice with hot water and a hair dryer. There is no chance for ice to be present at this point. I have gotten this far before but days later the ice block returns. I am unable to verify that the drain is actually clear. It doesn't appear that I have any access to a drain tube from the back as you suggested.

It seems this is the limit to my understanding of the system. When the water drains down to the pan, is there a way to further empty the evaporator pan? For all I know at this point the pan is full. I looked underneath as best I could to find some way to check for water. I am stuck.

(added) okay just found a vertical rubber hose approx 10" long near the fan in the back. I pulled it off the connector at the bottom and a couple drops of dirty brown water came out. It was clogged. I cleaned the tube and water flows freely from inside freezer through tube. Thanks for the help.
Gene  
#13 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 6:40:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'm glad to hear it. Good job!

Gene.