Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
woodstock libertarian  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:27:30 AM(UTC)
woodstock libertarian

Groups: Registered

Hey all.
The "flap" that forms the "seal" between the two doors is attached to the left in 3 points. Bottom, has a spring. Middle, over 2 posts to the door, top is like a CLIP that holds onto the inner door area (shelves / icemaker drop chute)...

That top "clip" has come off. The base that holds it appears undamaged (to touch and visual inspection, no rough edges, etc...)

The CLIP on the flap appears fine too. It looks like it's supposed to slip down over the attachment base, but has some how come off (ok, son slammed fridge door.... I should smack him, but...)

So - QUESTION: How does one re-attach this part??
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

woodstock libertarian  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 6:07:19 AM(UTC)
woodstock libertarian

This cannot be an uncommon occurance, can it? Any help?
IlliniJim  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2011 9:54:32 PM(UTC)
IlliniJim

Originally Posted by: woodstock libertarian Go to Quoted Post
This cannot be an uncommon occurance, can it? Any help?

Were you able to fix this problem? I just had the same thing happen to me.
woodstock libertarian  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 4:20:35 AM(UTC)
woodstock libertarian

Originally Posted by: IlliniJim Go to Quoted Post
Were you able to fix this problem? I just had the same thing happen to me.

Jim -
Are both the bottom and top clip "off" the hooks? If so, look to see if either of them are broken.

If they're not broken (on mine, bottom one with the spring is broken...), pry the caps off the 2 screws in the middle attached to the door. This will dismount the entire assembly. Then, with some help, slide the top and bottom clips back over their hooks on the door, and re-set the screws. You're done.

If there are parts broken... reply again. Bad news is that the parts are currently on Backorder. It took me months to figure out which parts to get, and now when i have them ordered it's been 10 days already and they say they might be available on the 19th of dec.
IlliniJim  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2011 12:02:04 PM(UTC)
IlliniJim

Nothing was broken so I just pried off the caps, took out the screws, slid the bottom one off and slid the assembly back down and finished.
Asia Blue  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2014 10:22:52 AM(UTC)
Asia Blue

Please Help!! I Am Having The Same Problem As Above With My Samsung Refrigerator French Door Flap. The Top Of The 3 Hinges Have Come Off The Groove And I Can't For The Life Of Me Get It Back On! I Read That There Are Two "caps" That You Just Pry Off From The Middle Hinge And This Will Allow You To Slide The Entire Flap Up And Back Onto Grooves. I Can Not Locate These Two Caps. Please Help. This Is Begining To Be More Than Annoying.
Thank You!!
woodstock libertarian  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2014 10:44:12 AM(UTC)
woodstock libertarian

Originally Posted by: Asia Blue Go to Quoted Post
Please Help!! I Am Having The Same Problem As Above With My Samsung Refrigerator French Door Flap. The Top Of The 3 Hinges Have Come Off The Groove And I Can't For The Life Of Me Get It Back On! I Read That There Are Two "caps" That You Just Pry Off From The Middle Hinge And This Will Allow You To Slide The Entire Flap Up And Back Onto Grooves. I Can Not Locate These Two Caps. Please Help. This Is Begining To Be More Than Annoying.
Thank You!!

The caps go into the door. move the center flap into the door open position and you'll see them. they cover 2 screws that hold the middle hinge into the door..
Do make sure that neither the top or bottom pins are broken, or you have to disassemble the entire thing and put it back together with a new pin. Pain!
Rcronin73  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2014 4:21:51 AM(UTC)
Rcronin73

Just did this and it worked like a charm. Took me about 3 minutes to fix by myself. Then found out that my wife slammed the door yesterday and neglected to tell me...
sammin  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 12:34:32 PM(UTC)
sammin

The bottom plastic hinge broke on the flap of our french door refrigerator. Took the whole flap off the door but how do we disassemble the flap to replace the plastic hinge?
woodstock libertarian  
#10 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2015 4:51:18 AM(UTC)
woodstock libertarian

Originally Posted by: sammin Go to Quoted Post
The bottom plastic hinge broke on the flap of our french door refrigerator. Took the whole flap off the door but how do we disassemble the flap to replace the plastic hinge?

You have to pry it.
Get some thin flat head screw drivers and some thin plastic cards.. There are like 5 clips. Be careful there are wires in it for 'defrosting' it...