Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<4567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stpugs97  
#51 Posted : Saturday, July 19, 2014 1:06:18 PM(UTC)
stpugs97

Groups: Registered

My washer stopped working so i called a repair guy . he told me it needed a control board the code was E1F5 . He wanted 500.00 to fix it . So i found the part online put it in and it still wouldnt work . Since then i have replaced the lock switch , the lock strike and the actuator . I ran the diagnostic and the new error code is F1 E2 which from all i have read is the control board . The control has a green light when the power is on . Can ANYONE help me PLEASE . I have tried calibration and it didnt help . i read it might be the air pressure tube . i called whirpool they said my machine is too new for the free fix

PLEASE can someone help

Thanks
abrown1965  
#52 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 9:38:46 AM(UTC)
abrown1965

I had the same issue and I looked on you tube and found a repair video that told me how to fix it with out replacing the $200 board. First the F1 error is indicating that it does not know the water level of the washer. So try taking it off auto water level to see if that fixes it. If this fixes it you will not have to replace the main board. Second thing I did that the you tube video recommended was I took three screws out the back of the back of the washer from the top so that you can remove the electronic portion of the washer, There is a clear plastic tube attached to the main electronic board. remove it and blow hard thru it numerous times. if you can blow thru it then put it back on the main board replace the cover with the 3 screws and presto mine was fixed. Please Please Please,..,,,,unplug the unit from the outlet before doing anything to the washer.
sfslug  
#53 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 8:28:51 PM(UTC)
sfslug

I followed Curtvilles message above & was able to fix my machine's annoying F1 code!!

I've never done any soldering, so I spent ~$45 for the parts & a solder kit. It took me most of the morning to desolder the old part & replace it. Not rocket science, but not 'easy' in my book.
Tracs  
#54 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 6:07:41 AM(UTC)
Tracs

Finally my machine got this F1 error. Called the Whirlpool service and they said no recall on my model. It's about 7 year-old machine.
It shows F1 when start to get the water in. You can hear the water flowing in but not see the water flow out to the container, then the F1 shows up. Cancel and restart, no luck. Hit the machine on the control area, start again, it starts to work. It will stop at the Rinse and show F1. I have to HIT it again to get it work or just ignore the Rinse. The pressure tube is through. I think the problem is the pressure sensor or the water level sensor on the other side of the tube. Any way to check it? Or I have to replace the sensor following Curtvilles message.
Tracs  
#55 Posted : Sunday, December 21, 2014 10:43:06 AM(UTC)
Tracs

Originally Posted by: Tracs Go to Quoted Post
Finally my machine got this F1 error. Called the Whirlpool service and they said no recall on my model. It's about 7 year-old machine.
It shows F1 when start to get the water in. You can hear the water flowing in but not see the water flow out to the container, then the F1 shows up. Cancel and restart, no luck. Hit the machine on the control area, start again, it starts to work. It will stop at the Rinse and show F1. I have to HIT it again to get it work or just ignore the Rinse. The pressure tube is through. I think the problem is the pressure sensor or the water level sensor on the other side of the tube. Any way to check it? Or I have to replace the sensor following Curtvilles message.

Updated by myself. I just followed Curtvilles message, ordered the part from Digikey. Got it in 3 days. Ordered the iron online which sitting in the customs for almost a month and finally got it last week. Removed the older part from the board and solder the new one in. Problem fixed. It costed less than $40. Thanks for Curtvilles. Try it if your machine only has the F1 error.:D:D
Curtville  
#56 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2014 1:44:39 AM(UTC)
Curtville

Mine is still working a year later.
Curtville  
#57 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2014 1:48:10 AM(UTC)
Curtville

I have gone a year with out the F1 code. By the way, 2 years ago my washer would go out of balance about every load. Replaced the springs that holds the tub in and never had another problem with out of balance load.
tricolor  
#58 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 11:36:22 AM(UTC)
tricolor

Called both numbers listed above (800-253-1301 and 866-698-2538), mentioned that it wasn't a recall but a "quality assurance issue", and Whirlpool will not cover the parts/labor/service call. Perhaps it's been too long since this F1 issue surfaced, but they would just tell me that the service call alone starts at $120 in my area and the part was $210+$25 shipping+$60 core charge+tax. So no luck anymore on getting Whirlpool to cover this. I asked if they'd cover the part and I'd do the labor, but no luck. Thanks, Whirlpool.
photomoto  
#59 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 1:17:45 AM(UTC)
photomoto

Curtville: Thanks much for posting this information.

I ordered the part, and installed the new pressure sensor.

Washer is working like a champ now. The code was so annoying. It seemed like some sort of sensor failed, because it would come and go intermittently. I would have never found the sensor part number without your post.

I called support, and of course my machine is out of warranty.

Anyway It took me less than an hour to tear the control board out, and de-solder, and re-solder the sensor.

Thanks again for the help. You saved me $$ form having to purchase a new washing machine.

http://forum.appliancepartspros...1-code-5.html#post843248

Originally Posted by: Curtville Go to Quoted Post
I recently started getting the F1 Code on my washer. I ordered and replaced the Pressure Sensor on the circuit board. De-solder the 8 pin sensor and replace. Took me less than 30 minutes to fix. I ran self diagnostic on the machine and all pass. I have ran four loads thru the machine and all is well.

Hope this helps someone.

I ordered the part from Digi-Key corporation.

Part number: MPVZ5010GW7U-ND
Pressure Sensor Vert 8-DIP
$14.54 +
$ 1.02 shipping
Total:15.56
UserPostedImage
mjkirk12  
#60 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 8:23:10 PM(UTC)
mjkirk12

Hello all, I just joined this forum.

I have Maytag Bravos MTW6300TQ0 washer with the F1 problem. The controller was original to machine ( W10130544A ). I ordered and installed the part recommended by Curt (MPVZ5010GW7U) and it seemed to work for smaller loads. However when I had a larger load, the tub overflowed on the floor. I was using the Auto level setting.

Looking at the specifications for the pressure sensor, it is rated at 10 kPa maximum pressure - which translates to a tub depth of 100 cm. However, the tub on the Bravos is only 68 cm deep - with the top of the basket at 58 cm. So, while this part works OK on my machine, I don't think it is the optimal part.

Instead, I have ordered a 6 kPa part (~ 61 cm tub depth) - DigiKey MPVZ4006GW7U. Same pinout, voltage and package. I think this will be a better fit, will use less water and be less likely to overflow with a big (Super) load in the machine.

Until it arrives, I will continue to use the MPVZ5010GW7U part- as long as I keep maximum level to Small or Medium water levels. I find Small fills up to 50% of the tub, while Medium fills nearly to the top of the basket.

And yes, I have confirmed the pressure hose is clear and also did a zero-calibration of the pressure sensor.

Another observation: the marking on my bad pressure sensor is: S605D with date code 0701. This does not match up with the Freescale data sheets to any known part number, so I am guessing Maytag/Whirlpool may have created a custom part for these controllers.

Will update when I install the new sensor and let everyone know how it worked out.

Thanks again for this forum - it helps to save me $$$ and keep my washer out of the landfill.